Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal

Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal

Assisted Living Reviews for Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal

December 30, 2015

By Michael118379050

I placed my father in Commonwealth. It is a better facility than all the other ones I visited. I think the staff is very educated and treated the family members well. The place is very clean; they do a great job.

January 18, 2015

My husband was a past resident of Commonwealth. He was there from July 1st through October 9th. It's a clean facility, a very nice building, and furnished very nicely. They had construction going on at the time, but they kept it as clean as they could considering that. It had some really good people that really care and take their job seriously, but there were people who don't. They were not trained to work with people who have memory problems, specifically Alzheimer's people. Everything went fine until my husband's Alzheimer's characteristics started kicking in, and that's when they demanded that I hire somebody to go in there. They kicked him out twice because of his belligerent behavior. I was paying them to do a job, they couldn't do it, and they were demanding that I help them when I was paying them to do that job. They care more about aesthetics of the building than they do about their residents.

Dear Caring100327350, Thank you for providing this feedback. I am very sorry that your experience with our community was not the experience that you expected. At Commonwealth Assisted Living at Front Royal, the care, well-being and quality of life of all of our residents is our primary concern. It is always our intention to provide the best quality of care for all of our residents and to meet all of their needs. During the renovations, to which you referred, we are converting a section of our community into a secured memory care neighborhood, which will allow us to take care of residents with all stages of Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease. Our Team has been through intensive training so that we will have the knowledge and skill set to provide the best quality of care for those who are affected by these diseases. If possible, I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you privately about your concerns regarding your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me at (540) 636-2800 or email me at swells@commonwealthal.com. Shelly Wells, Executive Director at Commonwealth Assisted Living at Front Royal

November 21, 2014

By EmmaB

I lost my husband Al on February 25, 2013. We were married for 62 years. Our future was unsure but we were in it till the end. Al’s motto of Que Sera Sera, and mine of Let it Be saw us through many trials and blessings. Now I have to live a different life. I was terrified of being “ALONE.” But I am happy to say I am far from alone. The staff are so loving and caring. I’ve made many new friends and I feel safe, loved and cared for. I must say there is not a grouch in the house! Welcome Home is a perfect and true expression of my new home. As for my one point of contention it is the food. But I feel they try to serve healthy food. And no one will like or eat all the food all the time. You cannot please everyone. Que Sera Sera, Let it Be!

October 22, 2014

By Grayson W.

They are more than staff, they are family. The care of the nursing and administrative staff, both to the residents and to the residents’ families, was outstanding. The staff truly cared about the residents, both physically and emotionally. The residents’ families were kept timely informed and included as much as possible in every aspect of the daily lives and well-being of the residents. The staff treated the residents and the family of the residents like the staff’s own family.

December 06, 2012

By Simsey

My mother was very happy with all aspects of her care till the facility was purchased by another company. Then the quality of care went south. The new management decided to transport all residents to the downstairs dining room for lunch and dinner with the independent living residents. My mother was happy to go to the dining room that was close to her apartment, which was the one providing meals for the nursing home and assisted living residents. Under the new rules, all residents had to go to the independent living dining room in the basement, via the one elevagtor in the building. This procedure meant that two times a day, all available staff had to gather the nursing home residents and assisted living residents, line them up in the hallway, make their way to the downstairs dining room, then transport them back to their rooms. The staff was running themselvews ragged, making several trips gathering residents,then transporting them back to their rooms. My mother was so traumatized by this process that we had to eventually pay for tray service for her meals to be delivered to her room. We eventually moved mother to a different facility where she was treated like a person and not as a statistic in a so-called business decision. My stars all go to the staff (I would give all 5 stars) for their dedication and service to the residents.

September 26, 2012

Located in a safe, charming neighborhood, The Southerlands has many activities and has a very strong community outreach program. A wonderful perk to this community is the levels of care The Southerlands provides from independent elderly care to assisted living, and full-care nursing home. Also, located very close to the town hospital, this is an extremely safe environment if immediate care is needed. In addition, the town of Front Royal is located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley which is a perfect atmosphere for anyone who loves trees, rivers & fresh mountain air. Many historic landmarks also endow the town of Front Royal as a major Civil War landmark, and is a great place to rediscover our nation's past with many small days trips & activities. The Southerlands prides its establishment with keeping your loved ones active with a small but clean fitness center, a studio with Yoga & Tai Chi classes available, and even many golf courses nearby! The rooms are standard, nothing extraordinary, but comfortable, clean & well thought out. All in all, if you're looking for a safe, social, active environment for your loved one, The Southerlands is well worth checking in to.

Memory Care Reviews for Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5 To 1

• Licenses: Yes

About Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal, a premier senior living community nestled in the northern Shenandoah Valley. We're a well-established and leading choice for all levels of senior living, including independent and assisted living. We offer a variety of apartment styles, care options and services for our residents. Conveniently located close to Front Royal's historic and charming downtown, our community is near healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and the legendary Skyline Drive. Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle.

Our community boasts a variety of amenities to ensure our residents are comfortable, happy and healthy. With sweeping views of the mountains, our residents love the landscaped walks, sunroom and gazebo. Our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Active residents take full advantage of our Health & Fitness Center. For those who prefer to relax, one of our sunrooms is the perfect spot to unwind. Residents also enjoy private or companion suites with a private bath and their pets are welcome too! We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and grooming.

The attentive and experienced team provides compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you'll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal further and schedule a tour today.

Scenic beautiful views of Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Mountains. Quiet country setting but still near amenities. Lovely floral gardens , water fall setting and patio areas. New addition of a secured memory care wing.

Map of Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal