8 Assisted Living Facilities near Front Royal, VA
Also serving communities of Bentonville, Strasburg, Maurertown.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Front Royal area, with 4 in Front Royal and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Front Royal is $3,613 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Luray with an average starting cost of $3,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 44 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Front Royal. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Front Royal 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Winchester with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Front Royal, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Front Royal, VA
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Front Royal, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Front Royal
Front Royal is a scenic city located to the north of the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia. The city offers beautiful views of the valley and plenty of places for seniors to hike and enjoy nature, including the Appalachian Trail. For seniors who want to retire near the mountains, Front Royal has four assisted living facilities within the city limits and 22 nearby.
The Virginia Department of Social Services regulates assisted living facilities in Front Royal and the state of Virginia. They provide two levels of care, including residential living care or minimal assistance with daily tasks and assisted living care or moderate assistance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Front Royal
- The Front Royal area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Warren Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Front Royal has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging, a non-profit organization that helps enhance the dignity and independence of seniors and promotes their contributions to the community as well as one senior center.
- The Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging also provides transportation services to seniors living in Front Royal. This WellTran is subsidized by a grant from the Department of Rail and Public Transportation for persons aged 60 and older.
- Compared to the national average of 100, the cost of living in Front Royal is 112.7. This may make it difficult for seniors on a budget to manage money. The cost of living in the city is slightly lower than the state's average of 114.
- Seniors who love the snow and cold weather will enjoy living in Front Royal. The city has hot summers with highs around 88 and cold winters with lows around 23. The city receives approximately 23 inches of snow per year.
- Seniors living in Front Loyal have a one in 344 chance of being a victim of any type of crime. This makes the city 25 percent safer than most U.S. cities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Front Royal
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Front Royal start around $3,613 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Front Royal and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Front Royal
Public financing is available for assisted living facilities in Front Royal and the state of Virginia through the state’s Medicaid 1915 waiver program. To be eligible for the waiver, seniors must meet the state’s nursing facility waiver level of care criteria and must be receiving the federal Supplemental Security Income payment. There is also an optional state supplement who are eligible for federal SSI benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Front Royal
Front Royal and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Front Royal, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Front Royal
Front Royal-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Front Royal
Review of Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal
Commonwealth Senior Living at Front Royal was more affordable to me. It was lovely. In the apartments, they have a memory place too. The only thing that bothered me was the elevator. I would recomm... Read more
Review of Shenandoah Senior Living
This facility is obviously under new management. I visited six months ago and the changes are monumental! I volunteer here as often as I can and I see new staff in place that actually smile when ... Read more
Review of Fox Trail Assisted Living Memory Care at Front Royal
Fox Trail in Front Royal is a very small community, and they're getting their license for memory care. It feels more personal because it's small. My mom is in a shared suite, which is nice, she has... Read more