16 Assisted Living Facilities near Berryville, VA
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Berryville area, with 3 in Berryville and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Berryville is $4,350 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Winchester with an average starting cost of $3,960.
To help you with your search, browse the 82 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Berryville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Berryville 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Leesburg with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Berryville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Berryville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Berryville, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Berryville
Berryville, Virginia is located just outside of the slightly larger town of Winchester and right at the West Virginia border in the northern part of the Shenandoah Valley. Over 21 percent of the town's population is over the age of 65 and because of this and the nearby town of Winchester, there are 30 assisted living facilities in and around Berryville, all of which are licensed and regulated by Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Berryville
- Berryville’s climate has four defined seasons, with temperatures falling into the low 20s during the winter months and peaking in the upper 80s during the summer. Much of the rest of the year is quite comfortable light jacket weather.
Air quality on a daily basis in Berryville is usually pretty good, though there will be some months where pollen counts will be higher from the nearby forests. This can affect those who have allergies abilities to breathe.
- The cost of living in Berryville is higher than both the state and national averages. Much of this is due to housing costs, which are well over the state and national medians. Other necessities like groceries, utilities and transportation are also higher than the national averages, which could make it difficult for seniors on a tight budget.
- There is very little crime in all of Berryville, as it tends to be a safe, small town outside of Winchester. Most reported crimes are property crimes, primarily having to do with theft.
- Clark County, where Berryville is located, has a Shenandoah Area Agency on Aging, also known as SAAA, which has their own transportation services for seniors. SAAA bus rides are provided to senior centers around the Berryville area for those who are 60 or older. SAAA also provides a WellTran service that provides discounted rides to seniors around the area.
- The Berryville area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in the nearby town of Winchester to the west.
Paying for Assisted Living in Berryville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Berryville start around $4,350 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Berryville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Berryville
There is an Auxiliary Grant, through the Virginia Department of Social Services, offered to seniors who need financial aide with assisted living as long as they are already receiving Supplemental Social Income (SSI). Once they qualify, this payment is issued to each senior monthly for the cost of their assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Berryville
Berryville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Berryville, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Berryville
Berryville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Berryville
Review of Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville
The room that my wife is in is decorated with her things just the way she wanted it. The staff are very friendly and helpful. My wife enjoys all of the activities, i.e.; church, crafts. These ac... Read more
Review of Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville
Commonwealth Senior Living at Berryville was pleasant. The person who assisted me during the visit was great, and she was very nice. I think her name was Shelby. The layout of the place seemed nice... Read more
Review of The Retreat at Berryville
The people at The Retreat at Berryville seem very friendly and very open. Our experience has been pretty much hands off because of COVID, so what I can see is limited. There's a plexi-glass and you... Read more