35 Assisted Living Facilities near Boonsboro, MD
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in the Boonsboro area, with 2 in Boonsboro and 33 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 196 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Boonsboro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Boonsboro 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Williamsport with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Boonsboro, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Boonsboro, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Boonsboro
Boonsboro is in north-central Maryland near the Pennsylvania border and was founded by George and William Boone who were cousins of the famous Daniel Boone. Today, the area’s senior community, consisting of 16.2% of the city’s total population, can enjoy the area parks, nature preserves and museums as they reflect on the history of their small community. Boonsboro also has two assisted living facilities to support its growing senior population, and 33 more are in the surrounding areas including Frederick, Hagerstown and Williamsport.
In Boonsboro, as is the case in all of Maryland, these facilities are referred to as assisted living programs, which are licensed by the state’s Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Boonsboro
- Boonsboro’s cost of living at 114.5 is lower than the state average of 124.6 and the national average of 100. Seniors can expect to pay less for healthcare in the city. However, groceries, housing and transportation are all higher than the national average, which could increase facility costs and might be a consideration for seniors with tight budgets.
- The low crime rates in Boonsboro might put the minds of seniors at ease, knowing that this city is a safe place to live. The city’s violent crime rate is 9.1, and the property crime rate is 15.9, both significantly lower than the respective national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- Seniors with COPD or asthma may find that they breathe easier in Boonsboro than in other parts of the state or country. The city has an air quality rating of 72 on a scale where higher numbers equate to better air quality. This is 14 points higher than the national average of 58.
- Maryland’s tax laws may impact how much money Boonsboro seniors can put toward their monthly budgets. The state fully taxes Social Security and private pensions. It partially taxes retirement savings account income and public pensions.
- The Boonsboro area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Hagerstown.
Summers in Boonsboro have highs of 87 degrees, and winters have lows of 21. Although the city only gets 193 sunny days each year, 12 less than the national average of 205, it still leaves ample opportunity for nature-loving seniors to spend time outdoors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Boonsboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Boonsboro start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Boonsboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Boonsboro
Maryland has two options available for Boonsboro seniors who need help paying for assisted living. These options are called the Increased Community Services (ICS) Program and the Community Options Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Boonsboro
Boonsboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Boonsboro, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Boonsboro
Boonsboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Boonsboro, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Boonsboro
Review of Fahrney Keedy Senior Living Community
The staff at Fahrney-Keedy seem to believe they've been set in authority over the family members of the residents. Even after being to leave a message on my phone because I work and can't pick up, ... Read more
Review of Charlotte'S Home I
I loved Charlotte Home. But they can't take a diabetic on a sliding scale because they have less than 16 people and, with Maryland law, they don’t have to have an RN on duty, so there is no one to ... Read more
Review of Fahrney Keedy Senior Living Community
Fahrney-Keedy is by far superb in Homes in and around the Hagerstown MD area. The staff is top notch!! The home is wonderful for the residents. They have terrific facilities for all of their reside... Read more