9 Assisted Living Facilities near Fairfield, PA
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fairfield area, with 2 in Fairfield and 7 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fairfield. Better rated regions include Quarryville with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fairfield, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Fairfield, PA
7 Assisted Living Facilities near Fairfield, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fairfield
Fairfield is a small historic town in south-central Pennsylvania, just a few miles southwest of the Gettysburg National Park and surrounded by bucolic family farms. Just over 20% of Adams County's 103,000 people are seniors aged 65 or over, and to serve them the town hosts seven assisted living facilities. The assisted living facilities in Fairfield, like those in the rest of the state, are inspected and licensed through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Resources Assisted Living Residence Licensing division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fairfield
- The weather in Fairfield is generally warm in summer when high temperatures average 86 degrees, and frosty in winter when lows dip to an average of 23. This part of Pennsylvania gets 54 inches of rain a year, which tends to raise pollen from the surrounding farmland and can trouble seniors with asthma or COPD.
- The cost of living in Fairfield is somewhat higher than the cost seniors pay nationwide. On average, costs in Fairfield are 4% higher than the national average of 100, though local seniors typically pay up to 29% more than average for healthcare.
- Crime rates in Fairfield are vanishingly low, making the town exceptionally safe for seniors. In all categories of crime combined, local rates are just 5% the national average. Even this low rate is skewed toward relatively minor property offenses, with violent crime being entirely absent in the town from one year to the next, and just two thefts being reported in the entire 2017 reporting period.
- Public transportation in Fairfield is provided by Rabbittransit, which offers seniors and riders with limited mobility on-demand, regularly scheduled and paratransit services throughout the Adams and York areas. Seniors can share paratransit fares to local destinations, and all vehicles are ADA-compliant.
- The Fairfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fairfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Adams County Office for Aging, Inc. (ACOFA), an organization that connects seniors in Fairfield with health education, nutritional services and caregiver resources, as well as three senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fairfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Fairfield start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fairfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fairfield
Seniors in Fairfield who meet the Pennsylvania state income and asset guidelines may be able to participate in SSI in order to offset the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fairfield
Fairfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fairfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fairfield
Fairfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.