Sunrise of Frederick

990 Waterford Drive, Frederick, MD 21702
Sunrise of Frederick (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 134 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Frederick

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Frederick

August 21, 2017

By happydaughterLG

Upon entering Sunrise for our tour, we felt a great sense of care and compasion. My mother moved in shortly afterwards and we could not have been more pleased! The staff is attentive and caring and treated my mother like a family member. The facility is smaller than some and has a warm, cozy and familar feel. The residents are supportive and welcoming and my mother loved the variety of activities. She even liked the food and that says alot, since she's pariticular about how things are prepared. Although she didn't get to stay long, we all enjoyed the care and concern for her health and happiness while she was there.

March 06, 2017

By Christina283201

Sunrise of Frederick had a very nice facility, but they were not able to take my father in with his condition. The rooms were all very nice. The staff was very pleasant and seemed very knowledgeable. They seemed to be well staffed. The residents all seemed very happy, and it seemed like they had plenty of activities to do. Their location was rather convenient.

December 23, 2016

By im done

my mother moved in and they assessed her for the 1st level care package. After 3 weeks we noticed she was frequently dirty and looking "unkept" when we brought it to their attention they charged us 1000.00 a month more saying basically it was not their fault she was dirty because her package included one shower a week and that is all she gets. If we pay the extra money they "promise" she will be clean. They have treated us awful since this and now it makes it difficult to go visit, They do not care about families and the patient matters as much as you are paying them to have them matter and no more, not even if their dignity is at stake. We are afraid it will confuse her more to move her so now we feel stuck and we will always know they really do not care.

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

November 22, 2016

I thought Sunrise of Frederick was best out of the places I visited. It was very organized. The staff was excellent. Someday I would not mind living there. The dining room was nice. The menu had a variety of different food for each meal. They had small area for day time snacks and things. We looked at a couple of different sizes of apartments. They were all clean. When I went in, it looked it was freshly painted. The rooms were great. They had walk-in showers for the elderly. It was perfect. The price was fair. It was not the cheapest, but it was not also the most expensive.

September 29, 2016

By Ashley711210

Sunrise of Frederick was very similar to the other Sunrises, meaning that the layout was the same, and the cleanliness was the same. It was equal to the other Sunrises that I walked into. Everybody was polite and kind when I came in. I was seen right away, and they were able to take me for my appointment on time. They were informative and seemed to know what they were talking about. The grounds were very clean. It wasn’t a large ground to walk around, and I was really just checking out the inside more than the outside. The rooms were actually a standard size. I looked at a one-bedroom with a kitchen and a one-bedroom studio, and they were the same size as the other Sunrises that I’ve gone and visited. They seemed a little older, decorative-wise, but nice.

May 29, 2016

By Barbara722077

I liked Sunrise of Frederick, but the drawback with it was there wasn't any parking. Secondly, the rooms sizes were different and at the Alzheimer’s level, which at that time was what we were looking at for my mother, just seemed so cramped. The staff seemed great, and I liked the facility, but parking was a big deal. There’s not even on-street parking available if you visit. There’s nothing even close by where you can park legally and walk there. There were only a few spaces out front and the back lot is shared with an apartment building, so when people are home, there’s just no place to park. I don’t know if there’s anything they can do about it.

December 20, 2015

By Laurie44

Sunrise is wonderful and close to our house. The rooms are small but clean. The people seemed to be very comfortable, and the food smelled good.

November 24, 2015

By Lisa117010650

I visited Sunrise of Frederick. The person who gave me a tour was pleasant, and the place looked really nice. They have small, medium, and large rooms.

October 27, 2015

By Sandra107350950

I like the staff at Sunrise. I like that it’s bright, cheery, and positive. The staff was really nice. It’s also clean and smelled good. Even the food smelled good. They have a therapy dog, games, group activities, music, and field trips. The rooms were very nice, stayed true to what was advertised, and were reasonable in size. It was in a good neighborhood. The residents seemed to be happy. It’s kind of upscale and pleasant.

September 06, 2015

By Sparkling Wit

Changing living quarters is often a hard transition for seniors. It is one reason why I waited until my 94-year-old father-in-law lived at Sunrise for 6 months before writing a review. Here is my assessment: Location – Sunrise of Frederick is tucked away just off Rte. 15, which was convenient for me to drop in when I run errands. For out- of-town family and friends, the location makes it easier to find Sunrise. It is also near a couple of hotels, shopping and restaurants. Dining Services - Food service is excellent at Sunrise. Not only does the food taste good but it is prepared in healthy ways, which does not necessarily go hand in hand. Residents choose their meal from a menu, which changes daily. The menu contains appetizer, entrée and dessert choices. And if nothing looks appealing, the chef will make one of the old standbys such as grilled cheese, hot dogs, and eggs. A month before my father- in- law moved in, I asked 8 random residents what they thought of the food. I was shocked that not one of them complained. All raved about the meals as does my father-in-law. Activities – I saw online that one critic complained that some of them were kind of lame. Okay, obviously, this person is not yet 50 and does not have much senior experience. As we age, we get less and less interested in participating in strenuous activity much less watching others doing it. I found each activity on Sunrise’s calendar, no matter how simple, to show a great deal of thought in giving the residents a reason for moving, for learning new things, and for providing external stimulation. In addition, seniors are given opportunities to suggest activities and to volunteer. The Sunrise calendar is always booked with fun trips (wax museum, farms, orchards, zoo, fairs, restaurants and shopping to name a few). Cleanliness No matter when I pop into Sunrise, the communal areas are clean and my father in law’s quarters spotless. Staff So far I cannot say enough good things about the staff. They have been his brain when he can’t remember stuff, have taken care of his laundry and cleaned his room, have brought him his meds faithfully each day like clockwork. They have handled my father-in-law with kindness, respect, and patience, even on days when he might not be as cheery. For our family, Sunrise has provided dad with a safe and comfortable living space, a chance to make new friends, and activity options that far surpass what we could provide on a daily basis. Sunrise may not be for everyone, however, you should add this facility as a “must see” when you are checking out new homes for your loved one. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

August 31, 2015

By KBoyland

My mother has been a resident for a number of years. This has proven to be an excellent choice! Sunrise is a wonderful home for my mom.

June 04, 2015

By anon01

The best community in Frederick after a long search. My mother has been at Sunrise of Frederick for years and loves it. She calls Sunrise home and is more than happy with the activities and food. Everyone greets my family by name and the feeling is so warm.

February 03, 2015

By anonymous100219550

The Sunrise of Frederick was very lovely. It was new and clean. The staff was very friendly. They were all very nice and helpful. They showed us around and spent a lot of time with us. It was a nice and upscale place. I liked the scheduled activities and the cleanliness of this facility.

December 11, 2014

By Distancia

Our mother moved to Sunrise of Frederick in October 2014. We could not be happier with the caring environment. The staff is exceptionally supportive and interested in her: they treat her like an interesting adult that they want to know better. There are many cozy living spaces where my mother and her buddies can socialize. This adds to the feeling that Sunrise is their home. And my mother raves about the food.

July 18, 2014

By Garyman

They took me on a tour. Sunrise seemed like a clean place, nice, very helpful. We sat and discussed finances and general ideas most of the time. The rooms looked nice. Everything looked clean, orderly. I looked at a dual because both my parents are alive. I think it had a bathroom. The dining area looked nice. Most of the residents there seemed pleasant. They looked fine; I didn't see anybody slumped over. There are not much grounds there, but it's a nice neighborhood. I live a mile or two from it.

March 27, 2014

I like Sunrise of Frederick the best. The staff was helpful and caring. I like them a lot. I thought the rooms were very nice, although the ones I looked at were better for one person only. I did see the dining room, and I like the way they had it set up. There were a couple of little areas in there, and it just seemed a little more cozy than a big dining room.

January 17, 2014

By Charlene12

We like Sunrise simply because it was very homey but it was high-end. It was like a fancy hotel. We met several residents there and they let us to their rooms. If our parents would go to an assisted living, we would take them to Sunrise. That would be our choice. They even have a "company dog" living there. It was a dark-colored Labrador, she was old, but she would greet everybody. It was just kind of a special touch.

September 26, 2013

By Tony16

Sunrise was nice. The staff was nice. They took a lot of time to show me some of the rooms. There were a lot of choices of rooms, which were bigger with shower and kitchen. They had a lot of activities. What I really liked about Sunrise was that they always had food and stuff that were readily available in their diner. You could always go down to get food and drinks in any hour of the day except for midnight. However, they were more costly.

June 26, 2013

By Lovely Anette

Sunrise of Frederick is a good place. We really liked the place when we had a tour there. The rooms are very roomy. They had a facility where you could share a bathroom. It has a little kitchen wherein it has a small refrigerator, a microwave, cabinets, and a sink. The place seems very accommodating.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Frederick