Sunrise of Frederick

Reviews of Sunrise of Frederick

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Frederick

May 29, 2016

By Barbara722077

I liked Sunrise of Frederick, but the drawback with it was there wasn't any parking. Secondly, the rooms sizes were different and at the Alzheimer’s level, which at that time was what we were looking at for my mother, just seemed so cramped. The staff seemed great, and I liked the facility, but parking was a big deal. There’s not even on-street parking available if you visit. There’s nothing even close by where you can park legally and walk there. There were only a few spaces out front and the back lot is shared with an apartment building, so when people are home, there’s just no place to park. I don’t know if there’s anything they can do about it.

December 20, 2015

By Laurie44

Sunrise is wonderful and close to our house. The rooms are small but clean. The people seemed to be very comfortable, and the food smelled good.

November 24, 2015

By Lisa117010650

I visited Sunrise of Frederick. The person who gave me a tour was pleasant, and the place looked really nice. They have small, medium, and large rooms.

October 27, 2015

By Sandra107350950

I like the staff at Sunrise. I like that it’s bright, cheery, and positive. The staff was really nice. It’s also clean and smelled good. Even the food smelled good. They have a therapy dog, games, group activities, music, and field trips. The rooms were very nice, stayed true to what was advertised, and were reasonable in size. It was in a good neighborhood. The residents seemed to be happy. It’s kind of upscale and pleasant.

September 06, 2015

By Sparkling Wit

Changing living quarters is often a hard transition for seniors. It is one reason why I waited until my 94-year-old father-in-law lived at Sunrise for 6 months before writing a review. Here is my assessment: Location – Sunrise of Frederick is tucked away just off Rte. 15, which was convenient for me to drop in when I run errands. For out- of-town family and friends, the location makes it easier to find Sunrise. It is also near a couple of hotels, shopping and restaurants. Dining Services - Food service is excellent at Sunrise. Not only does the food taste good but it is prepared in healthy ways, which does not necessarily go hand in hand. Residents choose their meal from a menu, which changes daily. The menu contains appetizer, entrée and dessert choices. And if nothing looks appealing, the chef will make one of the old standbys such as grilled cheese, hot dogs, and eggs. A month before my father- in- law moved in, I asked 8 random residents what they thought of the food. I was shocked that not one of them complained. All raved about the meals as does my father-in-law. Activities – I saw online that one critic complained that some of them were kind of lame. Okay, obviously, this person is not yet 50 and does not have much senior experience. As we age, we get less and less interested in participating in strenuous activity much less watching others doing it. I found each activity on Sunrise’s calendar, no matter how simple, to show a great deal of thought in giving the residents a reason for moving, for learning new things, and for providing external stimulation. In addition, seniors are given opportunities to suggest activities and to volunteer. The Sunrise calendar is always booked with fun trips (wax museum, farms, orchards, zoo, fairs, restaurants and shopping to name a few). Cleanliness No matter when I pop into Sunrise, the communal areas are clean and my father in law’s quarters spotless. Staff So far I cannot say enough good things about the staff. They have been his brain when he can’t remember stuff, have taken care of his laundry and cleaned his room, have brought him his meds faithfully each day like clockwork. They have handled my father-in-law with kindness, respect, and patience, even on days when he might not be as cheery. For our family, Sunrise has provided dad with a safe and comfortable living space, a chance to make new friends, and activity options that far surpass what we could provide on a daily basis. Sunrise may not be for everyone, however, you should add this facility as a “must see” when you are checking out new homes for your loved one. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

August 31, 2015

By KBoyland

My mother has been a resident for a number of years. This has proven to be an excellent choice! Sunrise is a wonderful home for my mom.

June 04, 2015

By anon01

The best community in Frederick after a long search. My mother has been at Sunrise of Frederick for years and loves it. She calls Sunrise home and is more than happy with the activities and food. Everyone greets my family by name and the feeling is so warm.

February 03, 2015

By anonymous100219550

The Sunrise of Frederick was very lovely. It was new and clean. The staff was very friendly. They were all very nice and helpful. They showed us around and spent a lot of time with us. It was a nice and upscale place. I liked the scheduled activities and the cleanliness of this facility.

December 11, 2014

By Distancia

Our mother moved to Sunrise of Frederick in October 2014. We could not be happier with the caring environment. The staff is exceptionally supportive and interested in her: they treat her like an interesting adult that they want to know better. There are many cozy living spaces where my mother and her buddies can socialize. This adds to the feeling that Sunrise is their home. And my mother raves about the food.

July 18, 2014

By Garyman

They took me on a tour. Sunrise seemed like a clean place, nice, very helpful. We sat and discussed finances and general ideas most of the time. The rooms looked nice. Everything looked clean, orderly. I looked at a dual because both my parents are alive. I think it had a bathroom. The dining area looked nice. Most of the residents there seemed pleasant. They looked fine; I didn't see anybody slumped over. There are not much grounds there, but it's a nice neighborhood. I live a mile or two from it.

March 27, 2014

I like Sunrise of Frederick the best. The staff was helpful and caring. I like them a lot. I thought the rooms were very nice, although the ones I looked at were better for one person only. I did see the dining room, and I like the way they had it set up. There were a couple of little areas in there, and it just seemed a little more cozy than a big dining room.

January 17, 2014

By Charlene12

We like Sunrise simply because it was very homey but it was high-end. It was like a fancy hotel. We met several residents there and they let us to their rooms. If our parents would go to an assisted living, we would take them to Sunrise. That would be our choice. They even have a "company dog" living there. It was a dark-colored Labrador, she was old, but she would greet everybody. It was just kind of a special touch.

September 26, 2013

By Tony16

Sunrise was nice. The staff was nice. They took a lot of time to show me some of the rooms. There were a lot of choices of rooms, which were bigger with shower and kitchen. They had a lot of activities. What I really liked about Sunrise was that they always had food and stuff that were readily available in their diner. You could always go down to get food and drinks in any hour of the day except for midnight. However, they were more costly.

June 26, 2013

By Lovely Anette

Sunrise of Frederick is a good place. We really liked the place when we had a tour there. The rooms are very roomy. They had a facility where you could share a bathroom. It has a little kitchen wherein it has a small refrigerator, a microwave, cabinets, and a sink. The place seems very accommodating.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Frederick

Photos of Sunrise of Frederick

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Frederick

• Companion Suites: Yes

About Sunrise of Frederick

For more than 35 years, Sunrise Senior Living has been committed to providing seniors the best possible support, rooted in the latest research, and theories of aging. We take a holistic approach to senior care, where everything we do has our residents' specific wants and needs at its core. From support and peace of mind to personalized programming, we focus on your individual wellness and well-being so you can live life exactly how you please.

At Sunrise of Frederick, championing quality of life for all seniors is our mission and is the responsibility of every Sunrise team member. Based on residents surveys, consumer insights, and industry metrics, national programs have recognized Sunrise's efforts and our commitment to quality care. Sunrise communities have earned more than 280 National Quality Awards - more than any other assisted living provider.

Map of Sunrise of Frederick