Lorien Mt. Airy

Reviews of Lorien Mt. Airy

Assisted Living Reviews for Lorien Mt. Airy

December 08, 2017

By IJoanne2131

We looked at many places for my Mom and this was by far the best fit for her. The staff are truly dedicated to the care of the residents. My family can now rest assured that Mom is being cared for and is happy again!

December 05, 2016

By GratefulRelative

Caring and considerate. "Foxmoor" (Woodbine, Maryland) housed my elderly relative for about a year or so in her declining days. The staff/help were excellent: they were kind and provided personalized care. The care went beyond just providing services... they developed personal relationships with my relative there. The staff were very good at providing positive energy in sometimes difficult circumstances. The facility was clean, modern and well lighted, and located in an attractive peaceful/rural setting. Residents (numbering from 3 to 5 over the period of my relative's residence) ranged from middle-aged to elderly. The owner/supervisor was well experienced in the field, compassionate, well-organized, and ran a very open, hospitable residence. In my visits, I was always welcome and made to feel at home.

December 05, 2016

By Gale767507

Lorien Mt. Airy was fine. The rooms were sufficient, but they just didn’t have what we needed. The tour was very nice. The price was average, and the place is a little far from us.

October 31, 2016

By Steve Hagan

My family moved my mother into Lorien, Mt Airy in February 2016 when we finally admitted to ourselves that she was not safe living on her own. We visited many facilities in the Montgomery, Frederick, Carroll, and Howard counties. It was an easy decision to make once we found Lorien, Mt Airy.. The move, while difficult for my mother as well as her children, was made easier by the wonderful people we encountered right from the start. The initial tour of the facility was quite impressive and the conversations we had with various staff members made our decision easier. Paula Wilhelm was a joy to work with and set my thinking straight as far as the best thing to do for my mother. She made us aware that this was a transition time for all of us, and set expectations accurately and accordingly. My mother passed away on 10/20/2016, and we were all comforted by how many staff members offered sincere condolences on my mothers passing. Such a move for a loved family member is never easy on anyone involved, but I would not hesitate to make the move to Lorien, Mt.Airy given the same situation. I hope this review helps assuage the fears and concerns families go thru during trying times. It is indeed a wonderful place with wonderful caring people. I may still stop in from time to time to say hello to the friends I've made there. Peace to you all!

October 21, 2016

By Christina283201

I liked Lorien Mt Airy. Everyone was very pleasant, and the people looked very happy. It's a beautiful facility, and I liked their security. It was easy to find, and I thought it would have been a fantastic place. Their physical therapy area, dining area, and ice cream parlor for family socials were nice. Everything there was very nice. I didn't taste the food, but it smelled very good. They had 2 sets of doors to make sure only authorized people would get in, and residents who should be outside weren't able to get outside for medical reasons. I really liked their facility, and I felt that for what they offered, the price was very fair.

July 23, 2016

By Redskin Fan

the only problem I have with this provider is the food service. really needs to improve in that area from serving cold food that should be hot to dirty place settings and cups

July 20, 2016

By zech14v9

Excellent assisted living home with a superb staff! Its size gives it a "home-spun" atmosphere in a picturesque setting of Mount Airy, MD. I would highly recommend Lorien Mount Airy for your consideration and visit.

July 05, 2016

By Pat Healy

At this time my husband and I have two of our loved ones living at Lorien Mt.. Airy. Because Lorien had no rooms available my brother-in-law lived in Lorien in Ellicott City until a room became available in Mt. Airy to be closer to his family. Later my mother-in-law was able to secure a room when she became needy. They are both very happy there and are treated very well. We looked at several other facilities before Lorien but nothing compared. The staff are excellent, and the food is great, What more could you want.

June 29, 2016

By kgram60

My grandmother lived at Lorien Mt. Airy for 7 years. After the positive experience she had at the rehab unit there, she made the decision to move into the Assisted Living unit. During her time at Lorien, she made several good friends and planned her days around the various activities or trips that were offered. We felt blessed that our loved one was able to live out the end of her life in a place where she was well cared for and the staff felt like extended family.

By Daughters of resident

Everything about or experience with Lorien of Mt. Airy was positive. The staff was competent, caring, professional and personable. Even the staff that didn't work directly with the residents knew all their names and always had a kind word or greeting. Mom's room was more than adequate and the food was good. The staff on the third floor assisted living was especially capable and caring and they kept us informed at every turn. We have recommended this facility many times and will continue to sing their praises. Thank you, Lorien

By gran1674

I was fortunate to be able to do my rehab at Lorien, Mt. Airy. The care, the progress and the professionalism was tops. I would recommend Lorien, Mt. Airy to anyone. I also have relatives as residents. All are very happy with their new home. The cleanliness, the health care, the activities are amongst the best.

By Barbara184065

I visited Lorien Mt. Airy. I had an aunt that lived there, and now her husband volunteers there. It is quite accessible to Damascus, MD, so that’s why it is well-liked by people in this area. The staff seemed to be pleasant. My relatives who had been there found it to be quite good. Cleanliness, politeness, and all of the basic things were a 5, but the reason I’m not interested in it is because they mainly have older people, and I’m looking for something that has younger people.

November 29, 2015

By Caring daughter-in-law1

My father-in-law liked the food at Lorien Mt. Airy. They really didn't have any activities for assisted living. The staff was very sparse, but you would occasionally see a couple of nurses, and they were very nice. The couple we would see took care of him and were there full time, which was very nice. You just didn't see a lot of people around. It was clean. I never ate there. It's not a very big dining area, but there were tables set up and most of them had four people to a table. Their acute care and rehab area impressed me the most. I wouldn't recommend the assisted living, but I would recommend if someone needs to go there for acute care or rehab because it's very good. There are so many areas in that facility; they do sub-acute rehab, long-term or skilled, and then the assisted living. The assisted living is not very good, and the skilled could be improved upon.

November 30, 2013

By Ruthann1

The other one we were looking at was Lorien. Their rooms were average-sized. I have visited this facility three times because, location-wise, it was closer to me. I thought that would be the place to go for my friend, but at that time, they didn't have any availability. It was an older facility. They were also in the process of renovating and upgrading it. They did have some very good ideas with their renovations, but I went there three times in a couple of months and it didn't look like they had made much progress. However, it looked like it would be very nice once they completed their renovations. If we have to move my friend, that's the one we would try to get into if he was going to move closer to where I live.

November 29, 2013

I am now staying in Foxmoor Estate Assisted Living. The staff is great. The rooms are spacious. We have activities and at times, we have games. The food is very good.

Nursing Home Reviews for Lorien Mt. Airy

Costs for Lorien Mt. Airy

Cost of Nursing Home

Photos of Lorien Mt. Airy

Services and Amenities of Lorien Mt. Airy

• Nursing Home Starting At: $3875/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Couples May Share A Studio Or A One Bedroom Unit.

About Lorien Mt. Airy

Welcome to Lorien Mt. Airy

Nestled in the heart of the historic Mt. Airy community, Lorien Mt. Airy stands ready to meet the many changing needs of the members of its community. New residents at Lorien Mt. Airy are warmly welcomed by attentive and caring staff, as well as by congenial community members. Dedicated staff feels privileged to serve in this cooperative environment, where resident centered care is paramount.

A passage from a family member's note to us states:

"As I visited each day, I always felt the warmth and comfort that abounded amongst you and how it made my wife, and me, feel that you were part of our loving, extended family... and you know what? ... that goes for every department: Nursing, Therapy, Administration, Activities, Nutrition, Maintenance and all. You all made it the best of worlds for both of us during that trying time."

Within the Assisted Living ~ comprised of 93 private apartments, multiple common areas, two dining rooms, ice cream parlor, piano parlor and library ~ residents are encouraged to exercise as much independence as possible. Relevant recreation and activities, as well as physical exercise and spiritual programs round out the experience of purposeful living at Lorien Mt. Airy. Competent, trained staff is available to assist with simple support, as well as more comprehensive care, as needed.

Lorien Mt. Airy's continuity of care, comprehensive programs and flexible services are designed to promote healing, provide the highest quality of life and help ease the transitions shared by residents, patients and their families. You are welcome to explore the possibilities with us!

Map of Lorien Mt. Airy