93 Assisted Living Facilities near Sykesville, MD
Also serving communities of Marriottsville, West Friendship.
There are 93 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sykesville area, with 3 in Sykesville and 90 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 339 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sykesville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sykesville 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Randallstown with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sykesville, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Sykesville, MD
90 Assisted Living Facilities near Sykesville, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sykesville
Sykesville lies along the Chesapeake Bay in eastern central Maryland. The area is known for its breathtaking scenery, from the vastness of the plains to the majestic beauty of the Appalachian Mountains just 50 miles to the west. Seniors who prefer to live in this scenic area but require assistance with activities of daily living are in luck. There are three assisted living programs in the city and another 87 facilities in the area, all of which are licensed through the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sykesville
- Sykesville's cost of living index ranked 28.2 percent higher than the U.S. average and that of the state. Seniors pay about the same for health care in Sykesville as anywhere else in the nation. Grocery prices, in both the city and the state, are higher than that of the country.
- Crime is about the same in Sykesville as the averages of both the United States and Maryland. Seniors should note that the city has a slightly lower violent and property crime rate than the nation and the state.
- The moderate climate in Sykesville is considered nearly perfect by many seniors. Summers in the area tend to be warm and humid and while the city does have around 21 inches of snowfall each year, it tends to come in small increments.
- The Sykesville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northwest Hospital in Randallstown and Carroll Hospital Center in Westminster, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The tax rate in Sykesville is high. While the sales tax rate, at 6.0 percent, is the same as the national average, the income tax rate is 3.2 percent higher. Though the state of Maryland does provide tax exemptions for some types of retirement income, it taxes income from IRAs and 401(k)s. It is one of just two states that has both an inheritance and estate tax.
- Sykesville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Maryland Department of Aging Senior Center Services, an organization that promotes a healthy, active lifestyle for seniors to help them retain their independence, as well as five county senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sykesville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Sykesville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sykesville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sykesville
Maryland pays for services in Level II and Level III ALPs through the Medicaid 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Waiver program. The state also offers a Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy program which helps pay for assisted living costs in small facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sykesville
Sykesville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sykesville, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sykesville
Sykesville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Sykesville, MD
Other Options in Sykesville, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sykesville
Review of Transitions Healthcare At Sykesville
My mother-in-law has been in Transitions for 3 months now, and it's been great. She's been doing fine, they care for her very well, and she has her own room. There are about 50 people there. They h... Read more
Review of Senior Constant Care
My uncle was in Senior Constant Care until he passed away. It was a lot smaller as a facility. My uncle was there for quite some time, and they took good care of him. Read more
Review of Transitions Healthcare At Sykesville
My dad spent the last year and a half of his life in Transitions Healthcare at Sykesville. He was comfortable living there. The place was convenient for my family. My sister and my brother lived ju... Read more