Shangrila Senior Living Ellicott City, MD

Reviews of Shangrila Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Shangrila Senior Living

May 10, 2016

By Florence's daughter

This place was depressing, drab paint colors, mis-matching furniture. The rear patio was just several chairs on concrete. I saw a male resident wearing an undershirt on top of his shirt. I felt sad for the residents :-(.

January 25, 2015

By Diane64898450

The people at Shangri-La seemed really nice. We had some issues with the room, and they took care of it before my mother moved in. She likes it there, and the food is OK for her. I have not heard her complain about anything. The director is really wonderful. She is very kind and very accommodating. It is not as expensive as the other places. They offer three meals a day, medication, physical therapy, cleaning, and laundry which are all inclusive in the monthly price. One thing I like about it is they have several levels of care. If my mom starts to get worse, we can move her into a less expensive apartment in the building. It is a good idea for them to have that so we will be able to take care of her and not have to keep moving her out of facilities. I like that. My husband used to work in a facility, so we have an understanding of what to look for. He had no problems with Shangri-La. He said everything was great. It smelled good. There was good staff. Nobody seemed stressed. The residents were not crying or upset. It was just fine.

July 25, 2013

We stopped and looked at Shangri-La Assisted Living because a friend went in there and she liked it very well. The environment was good. The cost was very attractive. The people were exceptionally good and very welcoming. Their apartments were inviting. It had a small kitchen that you would find in any efficiency apartment. I thought it was a pretty good arrangement for an assisted living. However, their one-bedroom apartment that I saw wasn't as big as I would like. I think they could improve on the size of their rooms and make them a little bigger.

July 24, 2013

My mom stayed at Shangiri-La Assisted Living and we chose it because it was convenient and the price was within the budget. It was above average for the price and it met our needs. It was a well-rounded place and though not exceptional, it was far better than most. The staff were good though she had her favorites. Some had more experience than the others but that was just normal. They had activities like lunch out once a month and was constantly improving. The only complaint she had was about the food so I hope they could improve on that.

August 25, 2012

By astrnmy

My grandmother, during her old age, spent two years at the Shangri-La Assisted Living community complex. I must say, the community definitely lived up to the expectations of its name "Eden". It is definitely a place of peace, and my grandmother found much happiness there. I also found happiness in her living there, due to the amount of safety that was put into each apartment. There were safety grips all around the rooms to help her get around. The staff were exceptionally friendly and ensured that my grandmother and the other people living in this assisted community were well taken care of and did not become subject to the dependency disorders that many other elderly are unfortunate enough to succumb to. The only complaint I can truly make is that the rooms were awfully small. I was always worried my grandmother would feel enclosed, trapped in a place where she doesn't belong. But from my experiences there, every member of the staff ensured that not a single person ever felt alone, and were available twenty-four hours of the day.

Memory Care Reviews for Shangrila Senior Living

• Activities Extra: Baking

• Staff Patient Ratio: 15 To 4

• Licenses: 13AL0225-F

About Shangrila Senior Living

Welcome to Shangri-La Senior Living of Ellicott City, Howard County’s premier assisted living and retirement community. Our 60 apartment community is conveniently located in Ellicott City and provides residents the finest services and amenities in a family oriented, supportive community. We maintain a home-like environment in which each resident receives individualized care. Our friendly staff is passionate and dedicated to preserving the highest quality of life for our residents.

At Shangri-La Senior Living, our goal is to make the transition to your new home a stress-free and positive experience. Our Care Specialists and staff are dedicated to providing a high-quality of life to our residents. At Shangri-La, we aim to give you all the comforts of home with the peace of mind your loved ones desire.

Our apartments are elegant and cozy. Furniture is available at no charge and our suites include a kitchenette and sitting area. There are three types of apartments available at Shangri-La Senior Living in Ellicott City

Map of Shangrila Senior Living