Lighthouse Senior Living at Ellicott City

Lighthouse Senior Living at Ellicott City (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Lighthouse Senior Living at Ellicott City

Assisted Living Reviews for Lighthouse Senior Living at Ellicott City

May 31, 2013

We toured Lighthouse, and we liked the facility and the personnel there. It's actually where my wife was born and raised so she wanted to get back to that community where a lot of her relatives live nearby, and she would have more company. The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful in helping us move in and take care of my wife. The facility is only four or five years old so it's new, very well-kept and it's very bright and airy, which is another thing that's nice about it.

March 31, 2013

By Friendly23

If you can afford it go somewhere else. In the village area they understaffed. Residents have to wait when in need oa assistance to the bathroom. At this point the resident is like a toddler sometimes they can't. Which is frustrating to them an demoralizing. No wonder they need depression medication. Also the rooms are not cleaned often enough. They also seem to allow the children of staff to come to work. This takes from the attention os staff. If you come to visit ask them to take you into the villages, then make a decision.

March 07, 2013

By Juliette31

After looking at many assisted facilities, we decided on Lighthouse and could not be more pleased with our decision. Our mom's adjustment to the move was made even easier because of the attentiveness and caring attitude of all of the staff. Mom can't say enough about her new friends, the food , her room the activities and most of all the staff who are now our extended family.

October 20, 2012

By Kickna10

Other

my father-in-law has been a resident for almost 2 years. I guess with this being one of the more affordable facilities in the area the old adage of "you get what you pay for" is true. He is in the "village" area for dementia residents. There is rarely a time that we visit that he isn't looking dirty (food on his cloths left from lunch/dinner) and with an overflowing adult diaper. The lack of attention to detail can be seen in the crumbs and overall dirty appearance of the Village area (general visitors won't see this area, the main lobby is not an indication of the entire facility). If your loved one needs dementia care, and you can afford it. Go somewhere else. As soon as we can make it happen we will move to a new place. Oh, and complaints seem to go unheard.

June 27, 2012

By CitySlicker

My grandmother has stayed at Lighthouse Senior Living for over a year now. She enjoys being in this community. The staff is very helpful and assists her in any way possible. There are many welcoming residents and everyone who you meet is very nice. Everyone loves to talk and interact.My grandmother also is able to access a doctor or a nurse whenever she needs one. She had another fall a few months ago and she received immediate care. It is important to her that she receives help when she needs it, and independence when she does not need help.I have only been able to visit this facility twice, but both times the facility has been very neat and presentable, and there are many things to do. My grandmother enjoys living at Lighthouse, and she would not choose a different facility to live at. She has a lot of friends and she has her independence.

June 24, 2012

By tempertemper93

I visited the assisted living home because my grandmother was placed there. The place was very clean and had a fairly decent smell. Most assisted living homes have a foul odor but this one did not. The home is introducing a new work out room for patients that need exercise. The staff there were always kind and polite. My grandmother had told me many good things about the staff there. By far one of the best homes ever, and I would recommend it to any in need of an assisted living home.

Costs for Lighthouse Senior Living at Ellicott City

Photos of Lighthouse Senior Living at Ellicott City

Services and Amenities of Lighthouse Senior Living at Ellicott City

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost: $4000

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Lighthouse Senior Living at Ellicott City

Lighthouse Senior Living in Ellicott City is a close-knit and welcoming community located in Howard County and convenient to both Baltimore and Columbia. Its surroundings boast popular attractions like Toby’s Dinner Theater, the Mall of Columbia and Ellicott City’s historic Main Street, yet Lighthouse’s tranquility makes you feel as if you were a world away.

With apartment homes all on one floor, Lighthouse Senior Living in Ellicott City represents our commitment to exceptional care with a personal touch. Our staff members are devoted to our residents’ well-being. Well-appointed rooms and public areas, a full complement of amenities and a rich calendar of events add up to a uniquely bright approach to senior living — for residents and families.

It’s a place that makes you feel so comfortable, you’ll be glad to call it “home.”

Map of Lighthouse Senior Living at Ellicott City