167 Assisted Living Facilities near Randallstown, MD
There are 167 Assisted Living Facilities in the Randallstown area, with 6 in Randallstown and 161 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Randallstown is $2,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,480. Cheaper nearby regions include Gwynn Oak with an average starting cost of $1,650.
To help you with your search, browse the 456 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Randallstown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Randallstown 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Randallstown, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Randallstown, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Randallstown
Randallstown is located in Baltimore County, Maryland, just on the outskirts of the Baltimore metropolitan area. It's home to more than 32,000 residents, and more than 16% of its population is made up of seniors aged 65 and older.
Seniors in Randallstown who require around-the-clock supervision or personal care can choose from one of the four assisted living facilities that are located in Randallstown. In Maryland, these facilities are known officially as Assisted Living Programs and are regulated by the Maryland Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Randallstown
- Violent crime rates in Randallstown are above both the state and national average. As such, it's important for seniors to inquire about what methods ALPs employ to keep residents safe.
- Randallstown has no medical facilities to choose from in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Milford Mill.
- The air quality in Randallstown and throughout Baltimore County has been given a passing grade by the American Lung Association, which means that it poses little risk to seniors and those with cardiovascular or respiratory illnesses.
- The Maryland Transit Administration offers routes that make it easy for residents of Randallstown to travel throughout the area. The service provider offers reduced rates for senior citizens.
- Temperatures in Randallstown range between 24 degrees and 87 degrees, and the region gets an average of 44 inches of rain per year, which is 6 inches more than in the average U.S. city. Seniors who hope to spend a lot of time outdoors may be deterred by the area's climate.
- Seniors who are on a tight budget may find the cost of living in the city too high. Overall, the cost of living in Randallsville is 21% higher than in the average U.S. city.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Randallstown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Randallstown start around $2,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Randallstown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Randallstown
Seniors in the Randallstown area who reside in facilities that offer ALPs may be able to receive coverage for their services through the state's Maryland's Medicaid 1915(c) HCBS Community Options waiver. Several non-medical options are available for seniors who require financial assistance as well, including the Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy program and the Maryland Department of Aging's long-term living supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Randallstown
Randallstown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Randallstown, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Randallstown
Randallstown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Randallstown, MD
Other Options in Randallstown, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Randallstown
Review of Tyrell's Housing
I recently visited the facility and was very impressed with the owners and staff. They took very special care of the property and residents in their care. Exemplary customer service, their staff wa... Read more
Review of Tyrell's Housing
Tyrell’s Housing offers a homelike environment and is attentive to the individualized needs of each resident. The owner has a wealth of knowledge and experience as it relates to caring for others, ... Read more
Review of Tyrell's Housing
My mother is currently at this facility and I can’t say enough about the attention to detail of the care she receives here and the enjoyment my mother is having. The staff is very helpful with heal... Read more