164 Assisted Living Facilities near Pikesville, MD
There are 164 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pikesville area, with 9 in Pikesville and 155 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Pikesville is $3,449 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Gwynn Oak with an average starting cost of $1,650.
To help you with your search, browse the 360 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pikesville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pikesville 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Randallstown with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 21 families in Pikesville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pikesville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pikesville, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pikesville
Pikesville has a large senior population with over 23 percent of residents aged 65 or over and seven assisted living facilities catering to them. Another 55 facilities can be found in nearby communities, all overseen by the Maryland Department of Health, Assisted Living Unit. Licenses are available in three different levels based on the type of care provided.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pikesville
- The air quality in Baltimore County, including Pikesville, is mixed. The State of the Air Report 2018 gives the county an F grade for ozone pollution, which may impact the health of seniors with respiratory conditions. However, particle pollution is low and receives an A grade in the report.
Sperling's index rates Pikesville's overall cost of living at 128, compared to the national average of 100. This is impacted by the high cost of housing. Seniors can save money on day-to-day items including groceries and healthcare which cost less than the U.S. average.
- Pikesville has more crime than the national average, with an overall crime rate of 36 crimes per 1,000 residents. Around 90 percent of Maryland's other communities are safer than Pikesville, and safety-conscious seniors may feel more comfortable looking elsewhere in the state.
- The Pikesville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northwest Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transport in Pikesville is provided by the Maryland Transit Authority (MTA). Seniors riders are eligible for reduced fares and may also be able to use MobilityLink, a door-to-door service for people unable to use the fixed-route system.
- Pikesville has opportunities for seniors to enjoy the arts and culture, such as seeing a show at the Gordon Center for Performing Arts. Some facilities may also organize group trips into Baltimore to see an exhibit at venues like the American Visionary Art Museum or see a performance by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pikesville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Pikesville start around $3,639 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pikesville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pikesville
Seniors in Maryland who are eligible for Social Security payments, or who would be eligible except for income, may be able to access the Optional State Supplement. Additionally, residents of small assisted living facilities may be eligible for financial assistance through the state's Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pikesville
Pikesville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pikesville, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pikesville
Pikesville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Pikesville, MD
Other Options in Pikesville, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pikesville
Review of Springhouse of Pikesville
My mother moved into the Springhouse of Pikesville. I think that their care there is sloppy. We signed an assistance contract. They are not assisting like they should be assisting her in the mornin... Read more
Review of Charter Senior Living of Woodholme Crossing
I liked Charter Senior Living of Woodholme Crossing, but my dad didn't. The staff members were all nice. I saw all of the apartments. It's nice for a senior, if they want to move in that kind of co... Read more
Review of Woodholme Gardens
I was very pleased with Woodholme Gardens in Pikesville. They showed us around assisted living and memory care and we were impressed with all of it. I'm supposed to be putting down a $1500 deposit ... Read more