Paradise Assisted Living Catonsville

Reviews of Paradise Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Paradise Assisted Living

September 29, 2016

By Donna285313

The environment at Shangrila Senior Living was dull. My spouse is young, and it does not match him because it’s an older environment as far as the clients. As soon as I walked in, I knew that I wasn’t going to choose that facility. I didn’t like it at all. It was too dreary and too gloomy. The guy that gave us a tour was nice and friendly.

June 10, 2016

By StevenJRSVS

We were in Paradise Assisted Living, and it was very nice. In fact, we were about to choose them when one of my daughters used the restroom in the nurses’ station and said there were cockroaches crawling out on the floor. So we scratched this one right off the list. The only thing I didn’t really like about it was that the memory care facility was down in the basement, and it looked a little dark and dingy down there. The kitchen looked clean, and everybody looked clean and professional. When we were there, it was after lunch, and they wheeled everybody in front of the TV and almost everybody was taking a nap, which is probably normal. I only met the head nurse or the nurse that does the admission and she seemed nice. I didn’t see anybody in action. She just toured us around, and we talked a little bit and that was about it.

January 30, 2016

By Arlene15

Shangrila was nice, but I was concern because it was a small facility and I didn’t think it would suit my sister. She needs to have activities available to her. They have a great course of food. I met the nurses, too. They had at least two or three different types of units. It’s off the main road.

Costs for Paradise Assisted Living

Photos of Paradise Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of Paradise Assisted Living

• Features Extra: Library

• Pharma

• Activities Extra: Walking Club, Poetry Group And Theatre Groups

• State Licenses: 03AL1113-A

About Paradise Assisted Living

At Paradise Assisted Living we combine comfortable living with quality healthcare to ensure our residents receive all the comforts of home. Originally built in 1996 at the site of a doctor's mansion on the main street of a little community called Paradise, the warmth and hospitality of this gracious community is felt the moment you walk through the door. From our comfortable interiors to our smiling residents and exceptional staff, there is an aura of warmth and caring when you come to Shangri-La.

Services & Amenities

At Paradise Assisted Living, recognition of individuality provides the resident with freedom to make choices, encourages independence, and focuses on preserving dignity.

Our priority is to be flexible and creative in caring for our residents as their concerns and needs change. Shangri-La of Catonsville believes in “aging in place” which means that all efforts are made to find the right support, so our residents can continue to live in a community that truly becomes their home.

At Paradise Assisted Living you can expect:
  • Most Affordable Memory Care Program in Catonsville
  • Dedicated Memory Care Unit
  • Short-Term Respite Care Available
  • Social, Educational and Recreational Activities
  • Physical Therapy & Occupational Therapy In-House
  • Delicious, Well-Balanced Meals & Snacks
  • Gorgeous Scenic Views in Home-like Setting
  • We make life easy for our residents and their loved ones by trying to anticipate their every need. Our onsite services include:
  • Beauty Parlor/Barbershop
  • Spa Therapy
  • Housekeeping & Laundry
  • In-House Podiatrist
  • Psychiatrist & Laboratory Services
  • Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy Services are also available

Comfort is key at Paradise Assisted Living. This warm and welcoming building supports 45 residents with spacious hallways, comfortable parlors, a family style dining room, roomy studio apartments with private baths, large activity areas, bright sunrooms and cozy gardens.

Map of Paradise Assisted Living