Brighton Gardens of Columbia

7110 Minstrel Way, Columbia, MD 21045
Brighton Gardens of Columbia (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 220 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Columbia

Assisted Living Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Columbia

November 24, 2015

I really liked Brighton Gardens. It had a different style, more like a dormitory, and I actually liked it better. It was not in a wooded area but closer to a highway-like road. Will gave us the tour. I really liked him. He was awesome. As he was giving us the tour, we saw residents, and he knew their names and a little bit about their lives and families.

November 24, 2015

By thormy

I’m a nurse and I had patients in this facility. It is a beautiful facility aesthetically and have great nurses and aides who are experienced and really care. My patients love the care and activities and barely received any complaints. Our patient’s health was good quality, and ADLS needs met adequately. Any issues we raised regarding patient care were addressed in timely fashion. Some of our patients had families nurses who checked on them regularly and that helped. One of them requested our home care company to see him weekly out of pocket since medicare would not cover those visits, just to add another layer to his care. The ones we discharged from home care, were referred to family advocate nurses at Yofa who regularly checked on them and provided a good report about the facility as well. It's a great well run facility especially their alzheimer's unit. But like any other facility, I would remember families to regularly check with their loved ones. Subtle health changes that happens with older folks may go unnoticed and can be tragic (it happened to one of my patient there), and facilities are doing everything they can. A service like yofa nurses was a game changer for most families that never made it there or were out of town.

September 26, 2014

We know someone in Brighton Gardens and it seemed a nice place. I saw people sitting out front, which was nice. My favorite, favorite thing about the place is they have a resident dog because I am a huge animal lover, and I know a lot of these people probably at one time had pets, but then once you go in a place you don’t get to have pets anymore, so I just think that it is terrific. The staff seemed very, very nice, and I felt a kind of instant rapport with a few of them. At another time I was there, they were having snacks and they were very sweet. They offered some to us because we were visiting, and I thought it was very nice.

August 28, 2014

By Reg1

My mother-in-law is in an assisted living. She has been at Brighton Gardens of Columbia for one year now. It is an excellent facility. It is very nice. The residents pick their meals off of a menu. In the dining room, they can order anything special that they want. They are free to leave whenever they feel like it. It is a beautiful place. My mother-in-law has a private room. We chose this community because it is close to where my sister-in-law lives, and actually she checks in on her on a weekly basis. The staff has assisted us with everything. They keep an eye on my mother-in-law. If she has any problem, they take care of it. Regarding the food, this one seems to fulfill all our requirements too. My mother-in-law is very content with it.

March 21, 2014

By DC2

When I visited Brighton Gardens of Columbia, they had a fire going, and they were doing like a Halloween celebration. It was very nice, very cozy; a very exciting place. In fact, one of the area coordinators was there during my visit and I think the manager really put in a little extra spice; very helpful, very knowledgeable, gave me the information that I was not aware of, and gave me a very good tour of the facility. The rooms were very nice, very spacious, and very well kept. The dining room was very nice; it looked like a four star restaurant. They just didn't have the level of care I needed for my mom, now. Three years ago, that place would have been perfect.

October 03, 2013

By Albert4

Brighton Gardens was a bit older, but it was very nice. When you walked in, the people were very receptive and helpful.

September 30, 2013

By Karen67125250

The staff at Brighton Gardens is friendly and very helpful. They know the residents by name and by sight and they know their families as well when they show up. My mother is very happy there. They have bingo, exercise classes and outings. They also have church, arts and craft. However, they're not doing a good job of making sure my mother's hearing aids are off at night and are working properly in the morning.

Memory Care Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Columbia