78 Assisted Living Facilities near Burtonsville, MD
There are 78 Assisted Living Facilities in the Burtonsville area, with 2 in Burtonsville and 76 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Burtonsville is $3,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 213 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Burtonsville. Better rated regions include Gambrills with an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burtonsville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Burtonsville, MD
76 Assisted Living Facilities near Burtonsville, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burtonsville
Named after the area's first postmaster, Isaac Burton, in the 1850's, the census-designated place of Burtonsville is home to more than 800 people aged 65 and over. While the senior population here is relatively low, there are two assisted living facilities within the town, and 76 additional facilities located nearby. The communities are officially known as Assisted Living Programs. They are licensed by the Maryland Department of Health and divided into three different tiers: Level 1 (lowest), Level 2 and Level 3 (highest).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burtonsville
- The climate in Burtonsville is close to the national averages in many categories, so seniors shouldn't expect anything too out of the ordinary in terms of weather. Summer highs reach 88 degrees and January lows drop to about 24 degrees. The city scores a comfort index rating of 52 compared to the national average of 54.
- While Montgomery County, where Burtonsville is located, gets a passing grade for annual particle pollution, the American Lung Association gives the area a "D" for ozone pollution. High ozone days can be damaging to respiratory and cardiovascular health, so seniors in the area should check the air quality before venturing outside.
- Due to Burtonsville's relatively high cost of living, which is 36.6% above the national average of 100, seniors can expect to pay more for assisted living than in other parts of the country.
- As residents of Maryland, seniors in Burtonsville can benefit from some of the state's friendly tax policies. Income from social security alone is exempt from state income tax, and there is a pension exclusion that increases every year.
- As part of Montgomery County, Burtonsville is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Burtonsville has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Laurel.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burtonsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Burtonsville start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burtonsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burtonsville
Seniors who qualify for Medicaid can get financial assistance for assisted living through Maryland's Increased Community Services (ICS) waiver or the Community Options (CO) waiver. Those who don't qualify for Medicaid may be able to take advantage of the Congregate Housing Services (CHSP) Program or the Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burtonsville
Burtonsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Burtonsville, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burtonsville
Burtonsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.