104 Assisted Living Facilities near Olney, MD
There are 104 Assisted Living Facilities in the Olney area, with 4 in Olney and 100 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Olney is $4,452 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 257 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Olney. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Olney 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brookeville with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Olney, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Olney, MD
100 Assisted Living Facilities near Olney, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Olney
Olney, Maryland, has grown from a quiet farming and cultural community to a busier suburb for city commuters. The town maintains a relatively small population of about 35,000 people, and around 13 percent of the residents are 65 or older. Olney itself has only four assisted living facilities for seniors, but the greater local region, including Silver Spring and Rockville, contains 59 more facilities, providing plenty of options for local senior housing. Facilities in Olney and throughout Maryland are licensed by the state's Department of Health to provide up to three levels of care, with level three being the highest level.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Olney
- Montgomery County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- The cost of living in Olney is 60 percent higher than the national average and 35 percent higher than average for Maryland, making it a less affordable city for seniors. The high price difference is primarily for housing and transportation.
- Seniors can save money on local transportation by using the public Metro or Ride On buses from Montgomery County Transit, which provide free rides or half-price fare to seniors depending on the time of day.
- Olney has fewer days of precipitation than the national average, but the seasonal temperature ranges may be unpleasant for seniors who are active outdoors. The average winter low is 24 degrees Fahrenheit, and the average July high is about 87 degrees.
- Olney ranks in the top 14 percent of cities in Maryland and the top 28 percent of all U.S. cities for its low crime rate, which may help seniors feel more secure about living in the area. The chance of a violent crime in Olney is 1 in 1,190 compared with the state average of 1 in 212.
- Olney has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Olney Swim Center, which offers reduced rates for seniors, and the North Potomac Senior Center in nearby Rockville, which provides a variety of recreational and educational activities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Olney
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Olney start around $5,905 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Olney and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Olney
Medicaid recipients in Maryland may receive financial assistance for assisted living through the Community Based Options Waiver. Seniors without Medicaid eligibility can still receive state financial assistance through the Increased Community Services program if they are transferring back into the community from a nursing facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Olney
Olney and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Olney, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Olney
Olney-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Olney, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Olney
Review of Olney Assisted Living
My father is in the memory care wing of Olney Assisted Living. There are a lot of places to eat in that area. When we take him out, there are options on places we can go, and thats nice. Its a re... Read more
Review of Brookdale Olney
Brookdale Olney was a very nice campus. The people seemed very professional. It was convenient compated to where my mother lives. It just seemed like an overall good and clean place, and the people... Read more
Review of Brookdale Olney
My mother-in-law is at Brookdale Olney. She has a lot of good things to say about it. It is small but newer, nice, clean, and well run. I like the staff who do a fantastic job. They have a lot of a... Read more