Bedford Court Silver Spring, MD

Bedford Court (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Bedford Court

Assisted Living Reviews for Bedford Court

October 29, 2013

Bedford Court was okay. Their rooms were okay too. They did have activities there. It was a very nice place but it's not just where I want my uncle to be. If that kind of facility is what you want, it is recommendable, but it wasn't my choice for my uncle.

October 25, 2013

By Lisa39

Bedford Court was extremely impressive. The facility was clean and the apartments were all very bright, light, and spacious enough. The sale rep was phenomenal. We ate brunch and the food was great. The people were nice and it looked like they have lots of great activities.

July 24, 2013

By HappyToVisit

The Bedford Court apartments were spacious but the closets were tiny. A couple of the apartments were done over the courtyard and a beautiful view. The food in the dining room was excellent, some of the best food we have had. The servers in the dining room were very friendly and nice. The activity program came up short for us. The director was very pleasant, and they combine activities and trips to Leisure World.

July 11, 2013

By Valerie7

Bedford Court was almost like a hotel setting and everything. They have a lot of activities, and the dining was very good. It was just very nice. I really fell in love with it, but it was too expensive. I can't really afford it.

March 21, 2013

By caring4924

I visited Bedford Court and we liked it very much. My parents liked it because it's very close to where they live and to their church. Nothing would have to change as far as what they know of their neighborhood, for the most part. By them fixing two meals a day, changing the linen once a week, tidying up the apartment, and then being able to get my Dad through his doctor's appointments, it will reduce a lot of stress on my mother who is the primary caregiver of my father All of those were big pluses. They showed us several apartment styles; one bedroom, two bedrooms, huge ones, and small ones. They showed us the whole layout of the campus. We saw the billiards room, dining hall, laundry area, storage area, arts and crafts, and the library. They rolled out the red carpet, gave us some little light fare, and sat and talked to us. They had some of the residents come sit down, chat with us, and tell us what they liked about it while we were having our little light fare and it was really great. The staff was very nice and they really know what they're doing. I consider it a five-star senior living place, outstanding! The light fare was excellent. They showed us the menu for lunch and dinner, and it all looked good and superb. From what we tasted, the light fare was very good. We like the fact that my mother won't have to do a lot of cooking and she won't have to take care of the linen weekly, and that somebody would tidy up the apartment. But as to the best, I can't really narrow it down, and the simple fact that they can definitely take my father to his doctor's appointments because these are all within a 3 to 5 mile radius to where the complex is. Both of my parents would surely be happy there. My Dad likes to eat expensive meals and he can have that almost everyday in there.

August 09, 2012

By roanesan

Bedford Court has everything my parents need so that they can relax in their retirement years. They have a lovely 2 bedroom apt. with a full kitchen. They are served delicious, healthy meals in the dining room every day. They are close to shopping. Shuttles are available to take them to nearby places. There are activities for them to participate in within the facility and locally. I have peace of mind knowing that they are in a safe environment and if the time arises, they will be able to move into the assisted living community.

February 23, 2012

By M. Alex

My grandfather lived at Bedford Court for 5 years in their fantastic Independent Living facilities. He liked it there- particularly being on his own, being able to socialize with a number of the other seniors he met there, and their dining facilities (he was a salad bar kind of guy). All the staff members there were always courteous and helpful when they were needed. The residents were in general very nice people as well.The location, within close walking distance to the Leisure World Shopping Center, was a great benefit. My grandfather would walk over to the Giant Food, the post office, the Starbucks coffee and/or the Barber Shop regularly.As the facility was just across the parking lot from the Leisure World Medical Plaza and a physical therapy center, there was never any problem getting access to medical treatment after he had his stroke. He was able to keep living in the Independent Living facilities for sometime after that.My cousins, my sister and I were always happy to visit. His room was large and spacious, we could go to the dining hall with him, and he would take us to the rec room, which had a pool table.After having another stroke, my grandfather had to transfer into the hospice facility at Bedford Court. As with any hospice, it wasn't particularly a pleasant place, and it seemed a bit inferior in quality to the independent living facilities. However, he was taken good care of there.I do recall that the place was rather expensive though, and I'm not sure if the benefits equaled the cost.

Questions about Bedford Court

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Bedford Court. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a Continuing Care Retirement Community, we have Independent Living, Assisted Living and Nursing & Rehabilitation. Average age of the community ranges 87-89.

What places are near Bedford Court or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are nestled off of Georgia Avenue in Silver Spring, right next door to Leisure World. Leisure World shopping center is within walking distance, as well as the Professional Center. We are only 5 miles from Olney Md where there are many shopping centers, as well as 5 miles from Rockville.

What transportation services does Bedford Court offer to assisted living residents?

All Bedford Court residents have transportation services available for their personal use. Within a 5 mile radius is free, beyond 5 miles is just $2 per mile extra

What makes the chef or dining program at Bedford Court exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chefs take pride in creating menus that are pleasing to the residents. Most all is homemade. There are the always available menu, which has 6-7 entrees and then each day there are two new soups, salad bar with a specialty salad, 3 new chef specials and ice cream and other desserts.

What safety features or security measures does Bedford Court offer to assisted living residents?

In both IL, we do have emergency pendants and staff on site to respond 24/7. In Assisted Living, there are many measure in which we serve our residents, with 2 hours check systems, call pendants, etc.

How does Bedford Court keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

In Assisted Living, there are care plan meetings that go over the Individualized Service Plan for the residents.

If Bedford Court accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets are a big part of our residents lives. We do accept pets, there is a weight limit and the resident must be able to care for the pet. In Assisted Living, we have 2 house dogs and 1 cat.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff not only go through a training when they are first hired, but we take pride in ongoing training for all staff through out the year.

What safety features or security measures does Bedford Court provide to protect residents who wander?

In our Assisted Living, we do not have a secure unit. Therefore, for those who wander, this may not be a good fit. We have other sister communities that have memory care units that are secure for those who may wander.

Photos of Bedford Court

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Staff Patient Ratio: Nursing 8 To 1; Assisted 12 To 1

• Licenses: MD

About Bedford Court

Bedford Court is a lovely community, conveniently located in suburban Silver Spring and adjacent to Olney and Rockville. The community is within walking distance to Leisure World shopping center and physicians' offices. Here active seniors can live the good life they've always enjoyed, without the responsibilities of home management and without expensive purchase or endowment required! In addition to on-site services such as an elegant dining room, exercise room and full-service beauty/barber salon, Bedford Court offers a variety of intellectual, cultural and social activities - inside and outside the community itself. You too can experience the long tradition of quality services and care at Bedford Court.

Sunrise Independent Living is for seniors who want to maintain their rich and rewarding life without the responsibilities of running a household. Here, you're given independence and options. We offer a choice of apartment floor plans, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping services, exercise and wellness programs, and much more. It?s ideal if you're an active senior who wants to focus on the things you enjoy most in life, but yet have assistance available should you need it.

Map of Bedford Court