86 Assisted Living Facilities near Rockville, MD
Also serving communities of North Bethesda.
There are 86 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rockville area, with 23 in Rockville and 63 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rockville is $5,503 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Derwood with an average starting cost of $4,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 234 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rockville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rockville 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Derwood with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Rockville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rockville, call (855) 863-8283.
23 Assisted Living Facilities in Rockville, MD
63 Assisted Living Facilities near Rockville, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rockville
Aging adults looking for assisted living facilities in the Rockville area have a lot of choices, with 22 in Rockville itself and another 133 located in neighboring towns that include Chevy Chase, Olney and Montgomery Village. These assisted living communities provide room and board in safe, comfortable residential settings, offering personal care services such as medication management and assistance with the activities of daily living, including grooming, dressing and bathing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rockville
- Public transportation in Rockville connects the city to Washington, D.C., via the Red Line of the Washington Metro, Amtrak and the Brunswick Line of MARC commuter train service. Buses and rail service are also available to get Rockville residents to BWI Airport and to downtown Baltimore, and Amtrack connects Rockville to Pittsburgh and Chicago.
- Montgomery County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Weather in Rockville can be hot and sticky during the summer, with thunderstorms to break the heat. While winters are cold, snowfall is typically not severe. When snow melts or rains are heavy, there's a possibility of flooding from the Potomac River.
- Rockville has an array of community resources for seniors, including Senior Connection, an organization that provides bill-paying assistance, pantry food assistance and free transportation to medical appointments, as well as one senior center.
- As part of the Washington, D.C., nexus, Rockville has a fairly high cost of living that runs 50 percent higher than the national average.
- The Rockville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rockville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Rockville start around $5,366 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rockville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rockville
Aging adults who need some financial assistance to pay for their assisted living care may be able to find help through government programs such as Group Adult Foster Care, which is administered by Medicaid, Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy and by Supplemental Security Income Category G, administered by the Social Security Administration.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rockville
Rockville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rockville, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rockville
Rockville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Rockville, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rockville
Review of Brightview Fallsgrove
We're very happy with Brightview Fallsgrove assisted living. The staff is very responsive and good. If my mom needs someone in the middle of the night, they show up in a couple of minutes. She also... Read more
Review of Raphael House
Raphael House would be my number one choice because it was small and the residents were very friendly. While we were interviewing the director, a resident came in who needed a hug. She apparently d... Read more
Review of Landow House
My relative was at Landow House but decided to move to another senior residence due to problems at Landow. The administrator and head of nursing were constantly turning over. There was not enou... Read more