Sunrise of Rockville

8 Baltimore Road, Rockville, MD 20850
Sunrise of Rockville (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 30 days

Ask about our special savings through December 31, 2021!

Reviews of Sunrise of Rockville

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Rockville

July 11, 2016

By Kristin S.631171

Sunrise was very nice and very home-like. They seemed to be well organized. The staff was wonderful and provided a wheelchair for my husband for the tour. We were looking for a combination of assisted and memory care and also a two-month respite care.

June 28, 2016

By Dorothy031578

My sister-in-law is at Sunrise of Rockville. Everything has been wonderful. It's beautiful, and they have good service. The rooms are very good and adequate. My sister-in-law says the food is wonderful. She has one big room that's big enough for two chairs, a bed, dresser, and a bathroom. She's very comfortable there. They take them on bus rides, therapy in the morning, and someone is always with her. She's very happy there. They've been wonderful to her. They are just perfect. Everything I have seen has been great.

March 31, 2016

By Stephanie41

My friends stayed for one month at Sunrise of Rockville. Their food and activity person was not so good. Their rooms were fine, I guess. They did have activities, but they didn’t have as many as other places. The people were nice. However, there were some things that we didn’t like. My friend had to take one flight of stairs to where the rooms were, and the staff would say, “Oh, no. We don’t want you walking up the steps.” However, my friend doesn’t have a walker like everyone else, and she doesn’t want to have a walker. We should be encouraging walking, so we didn’t like that. Also the majority of the people were in a really bad shape. They were so sad and humped over in their wheelchairs. My friend has Alzheimer’s, but she is very active and can walk for 20 to 30 minutes. Her husband doesn’t need a walker or anything. The people are very depressing and everybody seems to be in a worse shape. My friends should have been told about that.

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information (at)sunriseseniorliving (dot) com so we can better understand your concerns.

November 11, 2015

By anonymous lady7

Sunrise was good but way out of my price range. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were small but clean.

May 06, 2015

By Vickie9

My parent moved to Sunrise a couple of months ago. The staff has been very good, very compassionate, and receptive in working with mom. The rooms were nice. We ate there, the food was good, and the dining room was nice. We were surprised though when she was evaluated and placed in a locked down unit in the fourth floor. She is higher functioning than the other residents of her floor. They did bingo, painted with them, and celebrated birthdays.

June 26, 2014

By makeup lady

Sunrise of Rockville is definitely better than some other places. The rooms are a pretty nice size. My concern there is that my husband has to be in a locked-down on the 4th floor, and somehow that doesn't make me comfortable. Also, the eating arrangements and all were just completely different. But the rooms were very nice and actually much nicer than others. It was also easier to get to than I thought it would be.

January 28, 2014

By rampservic

Sunrise seemed more like a nursing home than an assisted living facility. Most of the residents seemed to be in wheelchairs, walkers and in a vegetative state. It was pretty much depressing. I was very turned off by the place and I couldn’t wait to get out of there.

December 25, 2012

By caring12061

I have to say the staff is very nice at Sunrise of Rockville. My mom said she feels very comfortable and very welcome. I feel like the communication and things that are important are all in place. Everything has been fine.

September 10, 2011

By Hchurn7

In general the Sunrise facility in Rockville was a nice, clean place, almost like a hotel. Friends and family can visit the building freely without doubting the conditions. There is also a sufficient amount of staff in the building at all times. The facility often organizes numerous events for the residents. For example, once there was a "carnival", where food, drinks and entertainment was provided for the residents. Additionally, the facility sometimes hires entertainers to perform. Overall, the staff makes sure that the residents are all entertained and enjoy their stay at the facility. The building also contains a cafeteria, where residents may eat their meals. The food provided is both nutritious and favorable to the residents.In conclusion, after visiting Sunrise, I can say that it is a well developed and well organized facility, and would be my first recommendation to others. The facility covers almost all the things needed to become an Assisted Living facility.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Rockville

Questions about Sunrise of Rockville

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We do rigorous training exceeding both state and industry standards on the special needs of seniors, handling challenging behaviors and responding in emergency.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Rockville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Sunrise of Rockville is a vibrant community, where your loved one can continue to experience all the joys of life surrounded by camaraderie, compassion and quality care.We have a diverse range of physical and mental abilities coming from different background, religions. etc. Diversity creates a welcome for all. The average age of our residents here is 82. They mostly love to do music, arts and crafts, cooking, gardening, outdoor activities and current events.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Rockville offer to enrich residents' well-being?

At Sunrise of Rockville, everyday is an opportunity for our residents to engage, enjoy, express, learn and grow. Our Live With Purpose program is designed to bring together residents, team members, family, friends and members of the broader community. From live musical performances, singing groups and movie nights to a full array of social engagements, activities and resident-led clubs, we go above and beyond to ensure your loved one is engaged, encouraged and celebrated. Our daily physical fitness helps the residents start their day right. Incorporating and engaging our residents with creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests enables us to activate and stimulate their body, mind and spirit. Our onsite and offsite activities like scenic rides, visits to museums, trivia, current events, exercise to include yoga, cycling, gardening cooking, bingo and other games are among our top hits.

What places are near Sunrise of Rockville or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our assisted living community’s convenient location near Rockville, Maryland’s Town Center offers a broad range of shopping, theaters and restaurants for both residents and family members. In addition, Strathmore theaters nearby as well as Rockville senior center are also frequented by our residents.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Rockville offer to assisted living residents?

Sunrise of Rockville offers scheduled outings weekly, such as shopping trips and leisure van and bus rides. We also help coordinate private transportation if necessary to doctor's appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Rockville exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Residents enjoy the culinary creations of Chef Kwasi, our resident chef for over 15 years, who cooks everything from scratch and offers up to at least five dining choices at every meal—just like ordering from a restaurant menu. We have the ability to have textured modified diets - mechanical soft or puree diets - to our residents who need them . The culinary team also offers fresh ingredients both local and exotic diverse cuisines to support our diverse resident from various ethnic backgrounds.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Rockville offer to assisted living residents?

For the safety of our residents we ensure that our front doors are locked from 8pm to 8am. Any individual seeking entrance during those times may ring the bell at the front door and a supervisor will let them in. We also have a special emergency call system for assistance in each room. For added security measures we have a video surveillance in the exterior of our community.

How does Sunrise of Rockville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

At Sunrise of Rockville, we keep residents' families informed about their loved ones by involving them in care plan meetings, monthly calls or contact via email as often as needed from the nursing, care and activities team as well as follow up emails and calls from the Executive Director.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise of Rockville during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have variable staffing that is determined by each residents' individualized service plan. Staffing is heavier during the daytime and lesser at nighttime.

If Sunrise of Rockville accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Sunrise of Rockville is pet friendly. We have both indoor and outdoor walking and lounging areas for our residents and families to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have variable staffing that is able to support the needs of our residents based on their individualized service plans.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Rockville provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secured neighborhood for our residents who are exit seeking as well as various validation techniques to support our exit seeking behaviors.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Rockville offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our team is trained to value each senior and to recognize their different preferences and needs. We utilize the whole home approach by engaging them in meaningful activities that target body, mind and spirit. Our Live With Purpose program is designed to bring together residents, team members, family, friends and members of the broader community. Our Reminiscence neighborhood is specially designed for people living with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and other forms of memory loss. These are calm and secure areas that are designed so resident suites are located next to living and dining areas, promoting easy navigation and social interaction. Our memory care services feature separate areas, memory-focused activities, and Life Enrichment Managers who are trained in Validation® Therapy and other special memory care techniques.

Residents' health and cognitive functioning assessments are conducted by the Resident care director in conjunction with the wellness team. Our assessments are conducted prior to move in, upon move in, every 45 days, every six months or as needed with change in condition.

How does Sunrise of Rockville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Rockville. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Sunrise of Rockville is a vibrant community, where your loved one can continue to experience all the joys of life surrounded by camaraderie, compassion and quality care. It is located in the heart of Rockville, immediately adjacent to shopping, theaters, restaurants and the red line metro. It is also minutes away from I-270 and I-495.

Is Sunrise of Rockville affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Sunrise of Rockville is easy access to the four major hospitals - Shady Grove Adventist hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Suburban Hospital and Montgomery Medstar hospital.

Photos of Sunrise of Rockville