57 Assisted Living Facilities near Clarksville, MD
Also serving communities of Dayton.
There are 57 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clarksville area, with 2 in Clarksville and 55 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 195 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clarksville. Better rated regions include Columbia with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clarksville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Clarksville, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clarksville
Clarksville is located in Howard County, Maryland, and is home to about 11,000 people. In spite of the town's relatively small size, it has a senior community that accounts for nearly 12% of the population.
Clarksville seniors have two assisted living facilities to choose from, and there are about 50 more in nearby cities. In Maryland, these facilities are officially called Assisted Living Programs and are divided into one of three categories, depending on the level of care they provide. These facilities are licensed by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clarksville
- In Clarksville, seniors do not pay state income tax on income from Social Security income, and income from public pensions and retirement savings accounts is only partially taxed. Income from private pensions is fully taxed, which may affect some seniors' assisted living budgets.
- Clarksville's air quality is very good, which may appeal to seniors with conditions such as COPD or heart disease. The American Lung Association gives Howard County, where Clarksville is located, an "A" for short-term particle pollution and a passing grade for annual particle pollution.
- The Clarksville area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Columbia.
- Clarksville is a very expensive place to live, with an overall cost of living that is nearly double the national average and about 70% higher than the statewide average. This may be a consideration for some seniors on a fixed income.
- Clarksville has very little crime, which may make it a good option for seniors who are looking for a safe community to spend their retirement years. On a 100-point crime index, the city's violent crime rate is 5.1, versus the national rate of 22.7, and the property crime rate is 11.8, compared to the national average of 35.4.
- Year-round temperatures in Clarksville range between 24 degrees and 88 degrees Fahrenheit. The area only gets about 17 inches of snow annually, versus the national average of 28 inches, which may appeal to seniors who rely on mobility aids.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clarksville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Clarksville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clarksville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clarksville
Clarksville seniors who live in Level II or Level III facilities may be eligible to have some care services covered by the Medicaid 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Options waiver program. Additionally, Maryland's Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy program may pay for assisted living services for eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clarksville
Clarksville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clarksville, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clarksville
Clarksville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.