38 Assisted Living Facilities near Mount Airy, MD
There are 38 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mount Airy area, with 2 in Mount Airy and 36 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mount Airy is $3,437 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 161 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mount Airy. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mount Airy 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sykesville with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mount Airy, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Mount Airy, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mount Airy
Mount Airy, Maryland, is located along the Chesapeake Bay forty miles northeast of Washington, DC. Assisted living communities here, as in all of Maryland, are commonly referred to as "assisted living residences" or ALRs. Within Mount Airy, there are two ALRs and an additional 31 in neighboring communities such as Frederick and Montgomery Village. Room and board and varying levels of personal care and activities are provided to aging seniors in the assisted living communities. ALRs in Mount Airy and surrounding Maryland areas are regulated by the Maryland Department of Health and supported by the Health Facilities of Maryland.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mount Airy
- The crime rate for Mount Airy is considerably lower than the Maryland state average with property crimes scoring nearly 15 percent lower than the national average. This could be an incentive for seniors who are looking for the comfort of a low crime rate.
- The cost of living in Mount Airy is 36 percent higher than the national average with the cost of housing being the biggest factor in the cost of living difference. The considerably higher cost of living may be a consideration for seniors who are looking for an affordable lifestyle.
- The air quality for Mount Airy is slightly below average as compared to the national average. Seniors with respiratory concerns may want to take this into consideration.
- The Mount Airy area was named number 7 on the America's Best Cities for a Healthy Retirement. Cities that were selected scored above average for wellness and plentiful options for outdoor and cultural activities.
- Mount Airy residents who are 65 or older can take advantage of an additional personal exemption of $1,000. Additionally, seniors may qualify for a pension exclusion that increases each year and social security benefits are not subject to Maryland state tax, leaving more money in seniors' assisted living budget.
- Mount Airy is home to world-class medical facilities, including, Mercy Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mount Airy
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Mount Airy start around $3,437 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mount Airy and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mount Airy
Eligible seniors in the Mount Airy area can apply for a Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy, which provides financial assistance for assisted living in small group homes which are licensed by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene for four through 16 residents.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mount Airy
Mount Airy and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mount Airy, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mount Airy
Mount Airy-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mount Airy, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mount Airy
Review of Lorien Mt. Airy
My dad is at Lorien Mt. Airy for some therapy and then he moved over to their assisted living. It's very satisfactory. He is very happy there. The facility is very nice. The appearance of the build... Read more
Review of Warm Heart Family Assisted Living
The location of Warm Heart Family Assisted Living is wonderful and the outside is also wonderful, but I was disappointed when I went inside. Everybody was very old, and the residents were just sitt... Read more
Review of Lorien Mt. Airy
Very friendly and attentive facility Read more