43 Assisted Living Facilities near Gaithersburg, MD
There are 43 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gaithersburg area, with 7 in Gaithersburg and 36 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Gaithersburg is $3,333 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 88 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gaithersburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gaithersburg 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Germantown with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gaithersburg, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Gaithersburg, MD
36 Assisted Living Facilities near Gaithersburg, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg, Maryland's official flower is the peony, commemorating the 400 different varieties cultivated by Edward Schwartz. His extensive peony gardens were on land that is now City Hall and senior garden-lovers can see some of the plants at City Hall or Seneca Creek State Park.
Gaithersburg has a relatively small senior population with around 11 percent of the city's 68,000 residents aged 65 and over. There are 42 assisted living facilities in the area catering to this population, which are licensed by the Maryland Department of Health, Assisted Living Unit.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gaithersburg
- Public transit in Gaithersburg is offered by Washington Metro and Montgomery County's Ride On service. Riders aged 65 and over ride free on both services in the county during non-peak periods and at half-fare during other times. The Call-n-Ride program offers subsidized taxi rides for people unable to access the normal service.
- The Gaithersburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Holy Cross Germantown Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Montgomery County, including Gaithersburg, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The weather in Gaithersburg is generally comfortable year-round. The city gets 17 inches of snow each year, 9 inches fewer than the national average and in January the low temperature is around 27 degrees. The city also has 202 sunny days each year, three fewer than the U.S. average, giving seniors plenty of opportunities to spend time outdoors.
- Gaithersburg's overall crime rate of 14 crimes per 1,000 residents is close to the national average and lower than 56 percent of Maryland's other communities. However, when compared to U.S. communities of a similar size, the city's crime rate is lower than average, which may appeal to safety-conscious seniors.
- Montgomery County, including Gaithersburg, received passing grades for three categories of air pollution measured in the State of the Air 2018 report, including an A grade for 24-hour particle pollution. The good air quality may be beneficial to the health of seniors with respiratory conditions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gaithersburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Gaithersburg start around $3,333 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gaithersburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gaithersburg
Maryland offers the Optional State Supplement to seniors who are eligible for Social Security payments, or who would be eligible except for income. Further financial existence may be available to Gaithersburg seniors in assisted living through the Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gaithersburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Gaithersburg, MD
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gaithersburg
Review of Fatima Assisted Living
Fatima Assisted Living's staff was awkward. The entire facility was uncomfortable. When the staff there was showing me around the facility they opened up the door to a shared room and the door slam... Read more
Review of Kindley Assisted Living at Asbury Methodist Village
This is an outstanding place. My father has done rehabilitation there on several occasions. The people are very well trained. Everyone smiles and they seem to genuinely care about the residents/pat... Read more
Review of Kindley Assisted Living at Asbury Methodist Village
I liked that Asbury Methodist Village had everything in the building for the residents. So, that my elderly grandmother would have everything right at her fingertips and wouldn't have to go outside... Read more