Brightview Baldwin Park Staunton, VA

Reviews of Brightview Baldwin Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brightview Baldwin Park

June 17, 2014

By Ronald9

I stayed at Baldwin Park for two months. My decision to move in there was based on the fact that they had occupancy when I needed it. They have one large living area. They also have one large dining room that they remodeled recently, but it doesn't feel as much like a home. It's more of a wide-open cafeteria than a home. I found the staff to be very cordial and very accommodating. They were very friendly too. They do have a bus facility that takes you to different parts of town; however, they only have a three-hour window every week to fit your doctor's appointment in. Another downside to Baldwin Park is that at that time, they were undergoing some major construction, which was disconcerting to me, and I was not made aware of it when I moved in.

December 27, 2013

I visited Brightview Baldwin Park for me and my husband. It was a very clean facility. It smelled good. Everybody was very attentive. We have eaten there and the food was good. They did have a full list of activities. They did have a section there that is more assisted and dementia. I really haven't visited that particular complex but I have been more in their assisted living part. One thing about this facility though was that they're not all in the same building.

December 01, 2013

My uncle is at Brightview Baldwin Park. It's a continuing care retirement community so there's an independent living building on site and then that's the assisted living and they also have a dementia care building. What impressed us the most was the cleanliness and it smells fine. The prices are a little bit high and the location was pretty good. The rooms are different sizes. They have a few 1-bedroom units and they also have the studios. Some of them are pretty large so they vary. We were very impressed with the quality of the staff, they seemed very competent. The food is fairly good. It's much better than any other places that we've tried. They have music, movies, field trips and exercises. I don't know about happier but at least my uncle is safe.

April 30, 2013

By caring5335

I've looked into Brightview and it seemed to be a really nice place. Everything seemed alright, but it's just too expensive. It also seemed that you had to be in a better mental capacity, so you'd be able to get around better in their facility. They offered all kinds of stuff, they'd give it to you and everything, but my father wasn't capable of attending that type of stuff. That's one reason, I guess, why they were that expensive, and I simply couldn't afford their fees.

September 29, 2011

By Dave1

I visited my grandfather at this facility many times over the 8 years he was here. The facility is clean and the staff always seemed friendly. My grandfather seemed to enjoy living there as they gave him his own small apartment. He had neighbors that were similar to his age and was able to have a social life. The facility has a cafeteria which serves regular meals. I know they also arranged shopping trips for their members. A couple years ago they forced him to move to the nursing home part of the facility because he became unable to bath and walk. My aunt was upset with the way the management approached them about the move but to me it seemed appropriate given his declining health. The facility is very expensive in my opinion. I think that if I was given the choice/money I would also want to stay at a facility like this in my old age.

Independent Living Reviews for Brightview Baldwin Park

Memory Care Reviews for Brightview Baldwin Park

Photos of Brightview Baldwin Park

Services and Amenities of Brightview Baldwin Park

• Pets: Yes

About Brightview Baldwin Park

Brightview Baldwin Park has been voted “#1 in the Valley.” In fact, some residents are the second generation to make this community their home. You’ll understand why when you see our newly renovated campus with covered porch and expansive patio terrace to take in the picturesque Shenandoah Valley landscape.

Baldwin Park has 8 Independent Living apartment styles in various sizes with window boxes as well as patios or balconies overlooking beautifully landscaped grounds. All have fully equipped kitchens, however, you only need to cook if you love to -- chef-prepared meals are included! Monthly fees also include an extensive list of services and amenities designed to make life easier and more fun. Housekeeping, scheduled transportation, concierge services; even an on-site beauty/barber shop. There’s a full calendar of activities to enjoy as well as all the attractions of downtown Staunton.

Assisted Living residents have the additional benefit of personalized assistance with daily tasks such as bathing and getting ready for the day. And our innovative Dementia Care neighborhood is designed to help residents with memory limitations live to their full potential. The advantage of three options on one campus, combined with countless amenities and all-inclusive pricing, make Brightview Baldwin Park an excellent value.

Brightview Baldwin Park serves Staunton, Waynesboro, Stuarts Draft, Fishersville, Churchville and the surrounding area.

Map of Brightview Baldwin Park