17 Assisted Living Facilities near Fishersville, VA
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fishersville area, with 3 in Fishersville and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fishersville is $4,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Waynesboro with an average starting cost of $2,800.
To help you with your search, browse the 39 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fishersville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fishersville 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Waynesboro with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fishersville, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Fishersville, VA
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Fishersville, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fishersville
Fishersville is located in the Shenandoah Valley in Augusta County, Virginia. It is home to the Barren Ridge Vineyards, which was the winner of the 2009 Best in Show wine at the Virginia State Fair. This small community has just 7,500 residents, almost 21% of whom are seniors.
In Fishersville, seniors who need assistance with some daily living activities may move to one of the region's assisted living facilities. There are two facilities in Fishersville proper and another 14 in nearby cities, including Staunton and Waynesboro. These facilities, like all assisted living facilities in Virginia, are licensed and regulated by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fishersville
- Public transportation in Fishersville is provided by BRITE. The service offers fixed routes via the Stuarts Draft Link, which provides access to shopping centers, community services and residential areas. The ADA Compliant Complementary Paratransit Service and Deviated Fixed Route Service provides pick-up and drop-off within a three-quarter mile radius of any of the fixed routes. Seniors age 65 and over and Medicare card holders ride for a reduced fare.
- Social Security income is not taxed in Virginia, and Fishersville seniors may claim a large deduction on other types of retirement income.
- The Fishersville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Augusta Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The overall cost of living in Fishersville is about 3% higher than the national average but about 10% below the statewide average, which may make it an attractive option for Virginia seniors seeking out affordable assisted living.
- While property crime is on par with the national average, the violent crime rate in Fishersville is considerably lower than the state and national averages, which may provide peace of mind for seniors and their families.
- The summer high in Fishersville is around 85 degrees, and the winter low is around 22 degrees, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy experiencing four distinct seasons. The area averages 41 inches of rainfall and 20 inches of snow per year.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fishersville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Fishersville start around $4,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fishersville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fishersville
Low-income seniors in Fishersville may be eligible to receive assisted living services through the state's Auxiliary Grant.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fishersville
Fishersville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fishersville, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fishersville
Fishersville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Fishersville, VA
Other Options in Fishersville, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fishersville
Review of Living Waters
Overall the Living Waters facility was accommodating and provided an intimate environment for my grandparents. We liked that the facility was a smaller remodelled house instead of a more institutio... Read more