Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville

Reviews of Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville

Assisted Living Reviews for Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville

July 08, 2021

By Jo1963

I am a little late reviewing this community, but I was thinking about my mom this morning. I am so thankful for the outstanding care she received while living here. Every staff member treated us with love and respect. Our interactions with the staff were great. I'm sure we didn't meet everyone, but the ones that cared for mom truly cared for her. Nancy and Frank will always stand out to me. The managers are helpful and hands-on. If we needed something, Jennifer would make it happen. When they say you are part of the family now they mean it. We were there every day during moms final days and the dining staff brought us food and snacks. It was very thoughtful. Her room was like a mini apartment that we furnished. It did not have a kitchen. The activities were touch and go probably because of COVID. If mom didn't want to go, she could get a personalized room visit. The food was excellent. They grow their own vegetables and lettuce for the residents. They have independent, assisted living, and memory care. It's a large community and has 4 floors. I can only comment on the assisted living since that is where mom lived. Thank you to everyone at commonwealth for your guidance and support. If they are still there ask for Jennifer or Amanda. They will point you in the right direction.

April 07, 2021

By Warren

My mom is moving into Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville tomorrow. From the time that I walked in the door, the place had a real sense of calm and a real sense of family and of unity there. They seemed to be a real place of support and everyone helping each other. The woman who gave me the tour is the marketing director and she was super nice, super thorough, and she answered any and all questions I had. She gave me a thorough and proper tour of the different choices they had for rooms. The rooms and the place itself are very clean and very organized. Everyone that I met was super nice. I met the activities director, the people from the kitchen and the reception area and everyone seems to really be there for each other. Their main goal is to make sure that the residents are taken care of, comfortable, have activities, and are satisfied with their care. It was just a super positive experience. I spoke with the marketing director for quite some time to just be thorough about details: the pricing, what's available, what they do, what they have, how it's done, and their certain protocols. I felt very confident about having my mom there. I was pleased and satisfied with the people there, with what I saw, the condition of the place, how things are, and how the people interacted. It gave me a sense of calm and reassured me that it is a great place for my mom to be a part of a good community. Their rooms have an apartment feel to them; even the studio has a studio apartment feel to it. The larger room has a really large bedroom and living room. It's similar to a a big 1-bedroom apartment that you would get in an apartment complex. I think the place is fairly new as well. Maybe they have been there 10 or 15 years, but, still, they keep the place in good condition. There were no holes in the walls and nothing was dirty or out of place. They have activities that change on a daily basis. They have arts and crafts, bingo, and other communal games that people can play in a group of 10 to 1. They have exercise programs and movie nights in the big living area. All the staff wear masks the whole time, but the residents are COVID-free and do not have to wear masks. The staff members are fantastic.

Dear Warren, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and with the many families who are also researching options for their loved ones. We are honored that you chose our team to care for your mother. She’s been with us for a few days, and I believe she’s settling in well! Please feel free to call me or let me know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you soon! Best, Jennifer Mayhew Executive Director

March 06, 2021

By Victoria

My mom is at Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville. We have been very pleased with it. The initial process was very easy, very smooth, and quick. We needed to get her in some place quickly. They were very nice and very accommodating; they came over to our house to evaluate my mother. We have been very pleased. She has only been there for about a week, but we have been very pleased with what they have told us and what she is doing. We are very happy with Commonwealth Senior Living. It looks new. It is very clean, modern, and very welcoming. When you go in the door you don't get the idea that you are in a hospital setting. We have not been allowed to go up to her room yet. We are hoping next month when they go into the next phase we will be able to go up there, but everything that we have seen so far has been very homey. It's very easy for us to get to because we are from Orange, and it's only thirty minutes away. They have an exercise program in the morning, and they are doing "visiting the different countries" videos in the afternoon, and she participates a little bit. They have a good range of things for their patients to do.

Dear Victoria, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are so happy to hear that it has been a smooth transition and that you are happy with our community. We look forward to loosened restrictions so that we may invite you in to visit with your mom in her suite. Thank you again for entrusting us with the care of your mother. We consider it an honor. Kind regards, Jennifer Mayhew Executive Director

August 18, 2020

By James

My parents have moved into Commonwealth Senior Living. It's very clean and very neat. The staff is very friendly and seems to be receptive to the needs of the residents. They have many activities. They do room visits and they play bingo, they have a library, and during the day they do educational seminars.

December 30, 2018

By CKE

Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville was very nice. They were doing upgrades. The food and the people were lovely. It had lovely views towards the west end where the mountains are. The staff was very nice. It was an enjoyable experience. It had an Alzheimer's unit, nursing care, and assisted and independent living. We came in around lunchtime and were given a chance to see how the staff interacts with the clients and how the clients interact with the facility. The food was very lovely. They had lovely closets and hallways, and they could refurbish the baths if the people wanted a walk-in shower instead of a bathtub. They give the people the option to change it over.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with our community. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your lunch and community experience. Our goal is to improve the lives of seniors and their families, and we’re always aiming for a 5 star experience. I would love the opportunity to speak with you about what we could have done to earn those five stars from you. Please reach out to me at your convenience by email. I look forward to speaking with you further.

Independent Living Reviews for Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville

August 01, 2018

By Bonnie

My visit at Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville was really good, and I learned a lot. The staff member that took me around was very good and informative. They have a couple different dining areas. And the rooms we saw seemed good, they weren't awful, but they weren't huge either. They have plenty of activities and they gave us an activities calendar. They have things like exercise. The one other staff member that I interacted with was pleasant, and the facilities were nice and well-kept.

February 11, 2017

By jacquelinecarney

CSL promoted its Daily Check-in process for the Independent Living Program “to ensure the well-being of all residents” yet failed to check on my mother for four days while she lay trapped in her bed without food, water and medications, forced to soil herself. Mom moved here specifically for the Daily Check In Program so she could have some privacy in her life without us checking up on her each day. It sounded like the perfect compromise for us to know she was okay each day and to allow her to maintain some independence. Should have been easy for the staff to make sure 19 people were up and about each day. Arbitrator in ensuing lawsuit wrote, “I found this to be a horrific experience and one which caused immeasurable injuries, physical pain, mental anguish, humiliation, embarrassment and inconvenience."

January 19, 2017

By Teresa227224

I placed my mom at Commonwealth. The general appearance is good, and I'm pleased with it. It's very convenient being right across from the hospital. My family passes by each day going to work, so they can stop in and take care of a lot of her needs. She has a lovely room, the meals are nice, and their dining facility is good. They've gotten rehab to come in while she's there and provid transportation to doctors' appointments, but they seem a little short staffed on weekends. They have crafts, movies, go out to dinners and lunches, and watch TV. She seems to be adjusting.

May 10, 2016

By Caring RelativeUCBNG

I loved Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville, but they didn't have the option for compassionate care wherein if you pay for three years and run out of money, they will be able to contact Medicaid and the resident wouldn't be kicked out. But overall, it was something that I liked. If they had that option, that's where my parents would be. The rooms were fine, but they were in the process of building.

October 30, 2015

Commonwealth Senior Living is too expensive for us, but I like it. My sister knows the owner, and it’s a well-run facility. They just redid a lot of stuff that needed to be redone, so they do maintain it well. They just fixed their dining room. It’s a nice-looking place. If they take public transportation they have at the place, it’s well-situated from going to a store to going to apple-picking. It has a nice mix of things right around it.

May 19, 2015

By Joy T.

I walked in and everybody was so friendly and accommodating. We looked around and I said, “This is the place I want to be.” So, this is where I am. It’s worked out beautifully. I am very happy here because of the people. From the staff to the residents, everybody has been really friendly and I couldn’t ask for better friends. The activities are great too. They have soup dinners, Bingo, outings, and we go out to dinner. There’s always something to do. You don’t get bored.

Joy, On behalf of Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville, I would like to thank you for your wonderful review. It is an honor to have you as a resident and we are so happy that you enjoy living at our community. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. Thank you again for sharing your experience! – Monica Adcock, Executive Director, Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville

March 25, 2015

By Charlotte B.

I had a home up in Rutgersville. My daughter lives up there and one day about seven years back, she said, “How would you like to live in Florida?” I said, “If I have to!” Two and a half years later when she told me they were moving back to Rutgersville, I got online, found Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville, and was amazed at how nice it was. I knew it was going to be nice, and it was lovely. The friendliness is why I enjoy living here so much. It’s like a small town. Everyone knows each other and you’re never actually ever alone. Even though you’re in your own apartment, it’s very nice to have people to talk to. New residents would be very happy here. We would welcome them with open arms. The community is friendly and easy to know. We were all “newbies” at one time and we know how to take care of the new people.

Costs for Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville

Photos of Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville

Services and Amenities of Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Minimum Age: Yes
  • Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: ALF1104509

About Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville, a premier senior living community nestled in the Shenandoah Valley. Centrally located in Charlottesville, our community offers easy access to healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and cultural institutions. We provide a caring and home-like atmosphere for our residents that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. With sweeping vistas, our residents enjoy spacious one and two bedroom apartment homes.

With 12 floor plans to choose from, there is something for everyone and all of the apartments include a fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer and more! Our 55+ apartment community boasts a variety of amenities, including an elegant dining room, indoor and outdoor common spaces and scheduled transportation services. Our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs to help our residents maintain their active lifestyle.

With flexible lease terms and a satisfaction guarantee, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified service and our caring staff supports our residents and their needs.

The attentive and experienced team members provide compassionate service to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville further and schedule a tour today.

Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville is located in close proximity to the Social Security Administration, DMV, Martha Jefferson Hospital, restaurants, unique shopping, historical sites and entertainment. Come share the comfort, security, peace of mind, and breathtaking views of Monticello and the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Map of Commonwealth Senior Living at Charlottesville