29 Assisted Living Facilities near Westlake, OH
Also serving communities of Bay Village.
There are 29 Assisted Living Facilities in the Westlake area, with 8 in Westlake and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Westlake is $3,570 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 191 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Westlake. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Westlake 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Olmsted with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Westlake find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Westlake, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Westlake, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Westlake
Westlake, Ohio, is home to Crocker Park, the perfect place for leisurely strolls, taking in movies or concerts, or visiting the weekly Farmers Market. The city is also home to 32,297 residents, 22.6 percent of whom are seniors. To support those seniors in the city who require facility care there are eight assisted living facilities within city limits with another 20 located in nearby communities.
In Westlake, as is the case in all of Ohio, assisted living facilities are referred to as residential care facilities, all of which are overseen and governed by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Westlake
- Ohio does not tax seniors on Social Security benefits, which could be of interest to the budget-conscious seniors residing in Westlake.
- Westlake has a wet climate with annual rainfalls of 38 inches and yearly snowfalls of 38 inches. All of the city’s precipitation results in only 160 sunny days each year, 45 less than the national average of 205, which might be a drawback for seniors who enjoy participating in outdoor activities.
- Crime rates in Westlake are relatively low with a violent crime rate of 6.9 and a property crime rate of 21.4, both significantly lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively. Despite these low crime rates, seniors might want to exercise caution and take note of their surroundings when out and about.
- Westlake has a cost of living index of 111, which is 11 percent higher than the national average of 100. Budget-cautious seniors might want to keep the higher cost of living in mind when relocating to the area.
- The air quality in Westlake is good, with a rank of 62 on a scale of one to 100 where 100 represents the areas with the best air, four points higher than the national average of 58. This could make the area a good option for seniors with COPD and other chronic conditions that affect their breathing.
- The Westlake area is home to world-class medical facilities, including UH St. John Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Westlake
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Westlake start around $3,779 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Westlake and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Westlake
Seniors living in Westlake, Ohio, which is located in Cuyahoga County, may be eligible to receive assistance with costs of services in assisted living through the MyCare Ohio (MCO) Plan or the Assisted Living Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Westlake
Westlake and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Westlake, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Westlake Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Westlake
Westlake-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Westlake, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Westlake
Review of Vitalia Senior Residences at Westlake
My mother recently passed away just shy of 98. The staff was heartbroken. We couldn’t have asked for better care, a more caring staff, and kinder fellow residents. Our only regret is that we didn’t... Read more
Review of Brighton Gardens of Westlake
We toured Brighton Gardens of Westlake and chose it for my parents. The staff who accommodated us was wonderful. The room was a 1-bedroom apartment, but they had other options. They had several gro... Read more
Review of The Belvedere of Westlake
My father moved into the assisted living part of Belvedere of Westlake. We're very pleased, he especially likes the meals, the people have been outstandingly kind and attentive to him, and since he... Read more