25 Assisted Living Facilities near Avon, OH
There are 25 Assisted Living Facilities in the Avon area, with 3 in Avon and 22 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Avon is $3,495 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 149 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Avon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Avon 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Avon Lake with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Avon, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Avon, OH
22 Assisted Living Facilities near Avon, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Avon
Seniors looking for a suburban environment close to a metropolitan area may find it in Avon, estimated population 23,263. This fast-growing Cleveland suburb is a 22-mile drive from the heart of downtown. Nature-loving seniors can escape the big-city hustle and bustle in Avon's 315 acres of parks.
Adults aged 65 and older make up nearly 15% of Avon’s population. Those who need help with the activities of daily living have three residential care facilities (RCFs) in Avon to support them. Surrounding cities, including Avon Lake and Westlake, have another 22 RCFs. The Ohio Department of Health has governance over all of the assisted living facilities in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Avon
- Avon has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Avon Senior Center, which offers educational seminars, health screenings, field trips, social activities and a curb-to-curb transportation program.
- Although the overall cost of living in Avon is about 11% higher than the national average, seniors who don’t have housing costs may find dollars stretch farther here. Healthcare, groceries, utilities and transportation costs in Avon are all lower than the U.S. average.
- The American Lung Association gives Avon’s location in Lorain County a grade of “C” for ozone pollution and an “A” for particle pollution. This could pose a problem for seniors with respiratory illnesses.
- Kiplinger considers Ohio’s tax picture for retirees to be a mixed bag. While the state doesn’t tax the Social Security or Railroad Retirement benefits, other retirement income is taxed. Ohio does offer retirees in Avon four tax credits, including a retirement-income credit worth $25 to $200, depending on the amount of qualifying income.
- The Avon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cleveland Clinic’s Avon Hospital at Richard E. Jacobs Campus, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors seeking a dry, sunny year-round climate won’t find it in Avon. With only 162 sunny days per year, 52 inches of snowfall on average and 39 inches of rain, getting outside for recreation and physical exercise can often be a challenge.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Avon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Avon start around $3,495 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Avon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Avon
Medicaid-eligible seniors living in Avon may find help paying for a portion of their assisted living costs through the Ohio Assisted Living Waiver Program. While seniors must pay for the cost of room and board, the waiver does offer financial aid for other services provided in the facility, such as grooming, hygiene, housekeeping and medication assistance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Avon
Avon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Avon, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Avon
Avon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Avon
Review of Rose Senior Living - Avon
My mother is in Rose Senior Living - Avon. It is beautiful and well staffed. The staff is very good and very attentive. There are a lot of different services available. It's very clean. The food is... Read more
Review of St. Mary of the Woods
I really liked St. Mary of the Woods. It was very friendly, clean, and very well maintained. The staff was very accommodating to my mother's needs. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The locat... Read more
Review of St. Mary of the Woods
We first tried St Mary's of the Woods for my mom when she needed rehab after a hospital stay. The staff was topped notched and they provided excellent service, rehab and nursing staff was tremendo... Read more