54 Assisted Living Facilities near Avon Lake, OH
There are 54 Assisted Living Facilities in the Avon Lake area, with 2 in Avon Lake and 52 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Avon Lake is $4,000 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,741.
To help you with your search, browse the 266 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Avon Lake. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Avon Lake 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sheffield Lake with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Avon Lake, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Avon Lake, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Avon Lake
Avon Lake is situated on the shore of Lake Erie just 15 miles west of Cleveland and 10 miles east of Lorain. The population is just over 24,000, with 17.2 percent of residents over 65. These seniors are served by two assisted living facilities within city limits and 40 in the surrounding areas. These communities are licensed by the Ohio Department of Health, which defines them as Residential Care Facilities, and provide a homelike setting and personal care services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Avon Lake
- Seniors can find plenty of entertainment options in Avon Lake and the surrounding area, including Miller Road Park, Klingshirn Winery and Lake Erie Nature & Science Center. The Old Firehouse Community Center provides seniors with activities such as fitness and health programs, movies and games.
- The cost of living in Avon Lake is 5.7 percent higher than the U.S. average. This is primarily due to housing, however, as grocery, transportation and health care costs are all under national medians.
- The climate in Avon Lake is seasonal. Summers are warm, with average highs of 81 degrees Fahrenheit in June, but winters can be quite cold and windy, with lows of 21 degrees in January. Snowfall is twice the U.S. average at 52 inches per year. This may affect seniors who enjoy outdoor activities.
- Seniors can feel safe living in Avon Lake, as the crime rate is low. The city is safer than 91 percent of U.S. cities, and violent and property crimes received low scores of 25.8 and 26 out of 100 (high crime), respectively.
- Seniors who cannot drive can access the Old Firehouse Community Center’s curb-to-curb service, a free transportation program that runs four days a week. There are no public buses directly in Avon lake, but Lorain County Transit offers paratransit service to medical appointments, shopping and social activities within 3/4 mile of an existing bus route in Lorain County.
- Avon Lake has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lorain County Council on Aging, an organization that provides services such as transportation assistance, dining and food programs, support services and education, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Avon Lake
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Avon Lake start around $4,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Avon Lake and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Avon Lake
Ohio’s Assisted Living Waiver Program can help seniors in need of financial assistance for assisted living in Avon Lake. The PASSPORT Medicaid Waiver program is also an option that helps seniors pay for other services, such as assistance with daily living activities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Avon Lake
Avon Lake and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Avon Lake, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Avon Lake
Avon Lake-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Avon Lake, OH
Other Options in Avon Lake, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Avon Lake
Review of Towne Center Community Campus
the place is very nice(to look at ) thats the only good thing about it. my mom was there for 6 days and then i brouht her home. she had no showers in that time, her food was always cold,she couldnt... Read more
Review of Independence Village of Avon Lake
Our family would highly recommend Independence Village! We were very concerned about finding a place for our 91 year old father. Dad needed a spacious place to live, and we were very pleased with t... Read more
Review of Independence Village of Avon Lake
This is an excellent village for my father. We couldn’t be more pleased with our decision to move him here. The caregivers and staff are very nice and very patient with my father who is suffering f... Read more