Bickford of Rocky River

Reviews of Bickford of Rocky River

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Rocky River

March 27, 2014

By Sue41

We moved Mom to Sunrise of Rocky River. We chose it because it is smaller and not so big or institutionalized. It is very homey. The staff is wonderful, very caring and energetic. Their aides are very kind and attentive. They are really taking good care of her. They go out of their way to make her comfortable, especially in the beginning. My mom is not really crazy about the food. She feels like it is very bland. Her room is suitable, fine, and functioning well. She prefers something bigger, but she can't afford it. They have activities like exercises, games, and outings. She has started to fully participate in the activities. We are very confident that she is secure, happy, and well cared for.

March 27, 2014

By John79810150

Dad stayed at Sunrise for about a month. All of the staff there are just remarkable people. We chose the facility because my wife and I were just so impressed with the guy who gave us a tour there. I had a great feeling about the marketing sales manager, and I could tell he loved the people there. It's the kind of place where all of the staff knows every single resident by name, and they call them by name. Whether the person is wheelchair bound or lifeless, they treat them all with the dignity and respect that they deserve. It's a wonderful uplifting thing to see even though from my dad's perspective, he was depressed being there because there weren't too many people he could interact with. The nursing staff was great. All of the nurse aides were wonderful. Truthfully to me, that's all that matters is that they have people there who care and my dad was treated like he was the most important person there whenever they had an issue. The accommodations were awesome. They were more than adequate. As far as their activities and stuff that they had, I didn't even care nor did my dad. My dad is not a very social person, so he doesn't need activities planned for him. They had a nice Christmas program. It was very enjoyable.

January 31, 2014

By Scott14

Sunrise was a very nice facility. It was very bright and clean. It seemed like there was a lot of interaction. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating. They had activities for the residents.

May 19, 2011

By baxter256

Visited this facility

When my family was looking for a place for our great-grandmother, we found a Sunrise assisted living facility in a few locations. We were given a recommendation through friends who had put their loved on in a Sunrise in Columbus. We visited their Rocky River location, and we have to admit we were less than impressed. Certainly the conditions were fine, probably as best as they can be in places as these, but the responsiveness of the staff didn't seem satisfactory. On the lunch room floor a lot of residents seemed to be going ignored or begrudgingly helped or sluggishly helped along. We understand that these people can't be chipper, perfect people all the time, but it just seemed many of the residents were caught into a routine of having to get people's attention. We thought about going for a second visit, but opted not to because of our previous experience and because of the distance. Maybe many will and have had better interactions there, but it certainly isn't at the top of the list of the maybe dozen homes we visited.

Costs for Bickford of Rocky River

Photos of Bickford of Rocky River

Services and Amenities of Bickford of Rocky River

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Bickford of Rocky River

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little — none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn't find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult — but we've also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother's happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we're devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services