31 Assisted Living Facilities near Lakewood, OH
There are 31 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lakewood area, with 2 in Lakewood and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lakewood is $3,200 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Rocky River with an average starting cost of $3,137.
To help you with your search, browse the 175 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lakewood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lakewood 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Westlake with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lakewood, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Lakewood, OH
29 Assisted Living Facilities near Lakewood, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lakewood
The suburban city of Lakewood, Ohio, lies just west of Cleveland alongside Lake Erie. An expansive park hugs the shoreline, making the city ideal for active, nature-loving seniors who also want convenient access to big-city amenities. Seniors have plenty of options when it comes to assisted living facilities, with two located in Lakewood itself and 26 others in nearby communities. The Ohio Department of Health licenses all assisted living facilities in the state, including facilities in and around Lakewood, and these communities are referred to as residential care facilities by the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lakewood
- Lakewood has a cloudy, wet climate with winds from Lake Erie and moderate temperatures in winter and summer. Lake snow squalls and mild summer weather let active seniors enjoy a wide variety of outdoor activities year-round.
- As part of the greater Cleveland metro area, Lakewood has air pollution that could affect seniors with respiratory issues. The general area, which includes Cleveland, Akron and Canton, has the 10th worst year-round particle pollution levels in the country according to the American Lung Association.
- Lakewood has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lakewood Division of Aging, an organization that provides transportation services, hosts city-sponsored activities for seniors and runs a large senior center hosting in-house fitness lessons, craft groups and special events.
- The Lakewood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Cleveland Clinic Lakewood Family Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lakewood is a fairly safe city with a crime rate that is 35 percent lower than the crime rate for the rest of the state and 34 percent lower than the national crime rate. The crime rate for violent crimes is 58 percent lower than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lakewood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Lakewood start around $3,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lakewood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lakewood
Financial assistance for assisted living in Lakewood may be available to Medicaid-eligible seniors through the Ohio Residential State Supplement (RSS) program. The program provides a cash supplement for monthly room and board expenses at licensed assisted living facilities within the state to qualified individuals.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lakewood
Lakewood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lakewood, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lakewood
Lakewood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lakewood, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lakewood
Review of Bloom at Lakewood
Wonderful facility. Cynthia and Steve were very helpful whenever we asked for help. The rooms were kept clean, the area is convenient. Mom stayed here for 3 years until she needed nursing home care. Read more
Review of Lakewood Senior Health Campus
O'Neill Healthcare Lakewood is a senior facility that has assisted living when we need it. They have one-bedroom apartments that have everything that you need in them. They have laundry in every bu... Read more
Review of Bloom at Lakewood
Of all the communities I saw, the most welcoming was Bloom at Lakewood. It's been renovated recently. There were people all over the place who seemed very happy. There's a lot of movement going on.... Read more