36 Assisted Living Facilities near Rocky River, OH
There are 36 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rocky River area, with 4 in Rocky River and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rocky River is $3,137 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 204 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rocky River. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rocky River 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lakewood with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rocky River, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Rocky River, OH
32 Assisted Living Facilities near Rocky River, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rocky River
Named for the river by the same name, Rocky River, Ohio, is a Cleveland suburb on Lake Erie. The city is home to almost 20,400 people and has a senior population of 37.1 percent. To meet the demand for elder care, Rocky River supports three assisted living facilities (ALFs) in town and an additional 28 communities in nearby areas, such as Westlake and Avon Lake. These organizations can provide personal care, part-time/intermittent skilled nursing, medication administration and leisure activities. Designated as residential care facilities, they are licensed by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rocky River
- Looking at data from the American Lung Association, Rocky River’s air quality could pose a threat to seniors with respiratory concerns. The city was within one of 10 counties to receive an “F” grade for ozone. Nevertheless, the EPA rates the city at 57 (100 is best), one point worse than the national average of 58.
- Seniors on limited budgets might feel an even tighter financial pinch in Rocky River, as the overall cost of living that’s 8.9 percent higher than average. The biggest concern is housing, which is 22 percent higher, and which is taken into consideration when setting rates for ALF room and board.
- Seniors in Rocky River, Ohio, should continue to take typical safety precautions. But as the violent and property crime rates both are lower than average (30.5 versus 31.1 and 31.8 versus 38.1, respectively, 100 is worst) seniors should be able to enjoy their retirement without too much extra worry for their person or assets.
- Rocky River, Ohio, is a wet, cloudier-than-average place for seniors to live. The region receives 38 inches of rain and 61 inches of snow each year. But extreme hot and cold temperatures, both of which can put seniors’ physical health in jeopardy, aren’t a concern. The mix of climate pros and cons yields a Sperling’s Comfort Index of 51 out of 100, just below the average of 54.
- Rocky River has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Rocky River Coterie Club, an organization that aims to build friendships and provide socialization activities, as well as one senior center.
- Rocky River is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Vincent Charity Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rocky River
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Rocky River start around $2,882 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rocky River and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rocky River
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rocky River
Rocky River and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rocky River, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rocky River
Rocky River-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Rocky River, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rocky River
Review of Rockport Senior Living
We liked Rockport Senior Living. The girl who showed us around, Cathy, was very nice, and we got a very nice tour of the facility. They seemed very friendly and welcoming. The residents seemed very... Read more
Review of Rockport Senior Living
My mother is in Rockport Senior Living memory care unit. There's a limit of nine residents at any time. There are always two full-time attendants, and they've been exceptional. I've got to know all... Read more
Review of Bickford of Rocky River
Bickford of Rocky River was very nice and the people were nice and very helpful. They offered a lot. The place was clean and the location was fine also. Read more