39 Assisted Living Facilities near Olmsted Falls, OH
Also serving communities of Berea.
There are 39 Assisted Living Facilities in the Olmsted Falls area, with 2 in Olmsted Falls and 37 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Olmsted Falls is $5,640 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 200 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Olmsted Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Olmsted Falls 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Olmsted with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Olmsted Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Olmsted Falls, OH
37 Assisted Living Facilities near Olmsted Falls, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Olmsted Falls
Olmsted Falls, located in northeast Ohio along Lake Erie, has a bustling senior community that makes up 13.7% of its total population. Area seniors can walk right down to view the falls as they stroll through Fortier Park, take in some foliage at one of the area’s three greenhouses or visit the unique shops and boutiques the area has to offer.
To accommodate those seniors who need assistance with personal care, there are two assisted living facilities located within city limits and another 35 located in nearby regions. These assisted living facilities are known in Olmsted Falls and throughout Ohio as residential care facilities and are licensed by the Ohio Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Olmsted Falls
- Seniors can feel safe in Olmsted Falls where violent crime rates are 5.9 and property crime ratings are 11.1, both significantly lower than the respective U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- The overall cost of living in Olmsted Falls is 97.4, lower than the national average of 100 but still higher than that the Ohio average of 87.7. Groceries, healthcare expenses and housing in the area are also lower than the national average, which could result in lower facility costs. Transportation costs, however, are higher than both the state and national averages at 110.7, an important consideration for seniors who no longer drive.
- The Olmsted Falls area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Middleburg Heights.
Social Security benefits are not taxed in Ohio, which could help Olmsted Falls seniors have more money available to put toward their care.
- The Senior Transportation Connection helps seniors in Olmsted Falls travel around the city. The service also has a Groups Shopping Shuttle that takes riders to various local shopping centers. Seniors choosing to participate in the group shuttle pay only $2.50 each per ride and need to have five people all going to the same location.
- Residents of Olmsted Falls enjoy temperatures that range from 21 to 84 degrees, depending upon the season, which might make the area ideal for seniors who dislike extreme heat or cold. The city gets 39 inches of rain each year, 1 inch more than the national average of 38 inches, and 53 inches of annual snowfall, which is almost double the national average of 28 inches. This could impact those seniors who rely on mobility aids to get around.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Olmsted Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Olmsted Falls start around $5,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Olmsted Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Olmsted Falls
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Olmsted Falls
Olmsted Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Olmsted Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Olmsted Falls
Olmsted Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Olmsted Falls, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Olmsted Falls
Review of Eliza Jennings Retirement Campus at The Renaissance
The Renaissance was very nice but not affordable. They had everything that you would want. Anyone would want their parent to be there if they had the money. It's beautiful. They had 24/7 medical at... Read more
Review of Village of the Falls Assisted Living Community
Excellent care. The size of the facility is a benefit to an elderly person with memory concerns. They do a great job in caring for my mother and her family appeciates it! Read more
Review of Village of the Falls Assisted Living Community
Village of the Falls is a small facility but it is clean and very homey. The apartments are spacious enough. I do think my mom is a good match to that facility and my mom is on their waiting list. ... Read more