21 Assisted Living Facilities near Greensboro, NC
Also serving communities of Pleasant Garden.
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Greensboro area, with 18 in Greensboro and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Greensboro is $3,792 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 216 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Greensboro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Greensboro 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grantsboro with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 10 families in Greensboro find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Greensboro, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Greensboro, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Greensboro
Located just west of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Greensboro, North Carolina is a scenic location for seniors to retire. It has numerous well-kept parks, including the Greensboro Arboretum, and a vibrant art community. The city is also just 30 miles east of Winston Salem.
Assisted living facilities here are referred to as assisted living residences (ALRs). There are two different kinds of ALRs in the state, including adult care homes (ACHs) and multi-unit assisted housing units with included service facilities. In Greensboro, as well as in all of North Carolina, ALRs are regulated and licensed by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation Licenses. There are 17 ALRs located within Greensboro and 33 nearby in places like Pleasant Garden, High Point and Archdale.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Greensboro
- The Greensboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fayetteville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Sheperd's Center of Greensboro, which is a non-profit organization that helps senior adults with college classes, travel, transportation and assisting seniors with minor repairs, as well as at least five senior centers.
- The cost of living in Greensboro is lower than other comparable cities within the United States and within North Carolina. This makes it easier for seniors on a budget.
- Like other cities in North Carolina, Greensboro experiences four very distinctive seasons. Summers are hot with average highs near 90 degrees Fahrenheit, while winters are cold with lows around 28 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Crime is rated on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). The city of Greensboro is ranked 47.6 for violent crime and 58.9 for property crime — both scores are higher than the national average.
- For transportation to and from doctor's appointments and for other errands, the SCAT Paratransit Services is for individuals who have a disability that prevents them from riding the standard bus service. The service offers curb-to-curb transportation for those eligible.
Paying for Assisted Living in Greensboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Greensboro start around $3,260 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Greensboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greensboro
Financial assistance is available to eligible seniors who require help paying for an ALR. The state has three waiver programs available through Medicaid: the CAP/ DA Medicaid Waiver, the Adult Care Home Assistance and the Medicaid State Plan Personal Care option. There is also a supplemental SSI program available to North Carolina residents.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Greensboro
Greensboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Greensboro, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greensboro
Greensboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Greensboro, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Greensboro
Review of Harmony at Greensboro
We visited Harmony at Greensboro yesterday. It's a very nice place, and the staff who gave the tour was fine. They were celebrating their one-year anniversary, and they had something going on so it... Read more
Review of Harmony at Greensboro
My husband and I will be moving into Harmony at Greensboro. We liked the location. We saw a nice apartment, it suited us and our furniture fit in it very well. We haven't moved in yet, but we just ... Read more
Review of Spring Arbor of Greensboro
We have chosen Spring Arbor of Greensboro for my sister. It's excellent. The room is very well done and very clean. It has a kitchenette and a bedroom. They have a hair salon, an activities room, a... Read more