4 Assisted Living Facilities near Reidsville, NC
Also serving communities of Eden, Stoneville, Mayodan.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Reidsville area, with 3 in Reidsville and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Reidsville is $4,695 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Reidsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Reidsville 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Randleman with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Reidsville, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Reidsville, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Reidsville
Reidsville, North Carolina, is located in the northern part of the state in Rockingham County near the Virginia border. Its population as of July 2018 was 14,013 residents, 20.3 percent of whom are aged 65 or over, which is about 2,844 seniors. With such a sizable population, there are four assisted living facilities in the Reidsville area, with three located in Reidsville and one in Eden.
In Reidsville, as in the rest of North Carolina, assisted living facilities are classified as assisted living residences. The North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation manages and regulates these AL communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Reidsville
- The climate in Reidsville, NC is relatively comfortable. It scores a 57/100 on Sperling's Comfort Index, and it has an average of 212 sunny days each year. Summers can get quite warm, as the average July high is 88 degrees. Winters are rather cold, but not bitter, as the average low is about 29.
- Reidsville is one of the most affordable places in the state to live, which is good news for seniors looking to keep their assisted living budgets in check. On a cost of living index where the national average is 100, Reidsville scores a 73.8, much lower than the state average of 96.
- Reidsville has higher incidents of property crime relative to state averages. On a crime scale of 1 to 100, low crime to high crime, Reidsville's property crime is 78.6, which is much higher than the state average of 37.7 and the Greensboro-High Point metro area rate of 42.2. Seniors may want to ask about existing security measures at assisted living facilities they visit. Violent crime rates are much lower in Reidsville, at 28, a bit higher than the state average of 21.4.
- Reidsville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Aging, Disability and Transit Service in Rockingham County, an organization that provides many meal, transportation and enrichment services for seniors and people with disabilities in the community as well as one senior center.
- North Carolina is moderately tax-friendly for seniors. The state does not tax Social Security income, but it does tax income from private and public pensions and withdrawals from retirement accounts at 5.5%.
- The Aging, Disability and Transit Service (ADTS) in conjunction with the city of Reidsville, operates a bus transportation service, called the skat bus, that serves the Eden, Reidsville, Wentworth and Western Rockingham areas at affordable rates for seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Reidsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Reidsville start around $4,695 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Reidsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Reidsville
Eligible residents in ALRs and Adult Care Homes can take advantage of North Carolina's Medicaid State Plan, which pays for personal care provided to these residents.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Reidsville
Reidsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Reidsville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Reidsville
Reidsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Reidsville, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Reidsville
Review of Brookdale Reidsville
The only place I had visited was the Carolina House, and it was a nice place. The staff was polite and courteous. Everything looked good. They had areas for card playing and socializing. Read more
Review of Highgrove Longterm Care Center
my mother was here, recently passed away, but a great place, thanx you guys for taking care of her as long as you did. Read more