15 Assisted Living Facilities near Burlington, NC
Also serving communities of Graham, Mebane.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Burlington area, with 10 in Burlington and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Burlington is $2,825 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 80 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Burlington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burlington 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grantsboro with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 10 families in Burlington find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burlington, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Burlington, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burlington
Burlington is a growing metropolitan area with an average senior population of 16.6 percent, which is slightly more than the U. S. average. Seniors in the Burlington area have 57 assisted living facilities (ALFs) to choose from, including 10 in Burlington itself and another 47 in the nearby area. ALFs are defined in the state of North Carolina as premises that provide 24-hour care and health services, such as assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) and medication management. These facilities are also known as Adult Care Homes (ACHs) in Burlington and all of state and are controlled by The North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burlington
- Burlington seniors enjoy a cost of living that is 15.5 percent lower than the national average. This may leave more available money for assisted living costs or entertainment.
- Seniors may feel uncomfortable in Burlington due to the area's high crime rate. Violent crime ranks at 66.3 out of 100 (1 being the safest), more than double the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crime is even higher with a score of 71.8, compared to the U.S. average of 38.1.
- Seniors considering Burlington should know that the climate has four seasons, with a chilly winter. Residents can relax in the summer sun with a high average of 89 degrees in July, but they may find winters to be too cold due to the average low of 28 degrees in January.
- The Burlington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Alamance Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Burlington lies across the county lines of Guilford and Alamance. While Alamance air quality is not monitored, Guilford received an Ozone C grades and Particle Pollution 24-hour score of B from the American Lung Association.
- Seniors in Burlington have access to Link Transit that helps connect them to the city’s amenities, doctors appointments and shopping.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burlington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Burlington start around $2,825 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burlington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burlington
Seniors who are in need of financial aid for assisted living costs have multiple options. The state’s Medicaid plan and Personal Care Services Program offers assisted living coverage for qualified seniors. Seniors can also apply to the Special Assistance (SA) Program, which is a non-Medicaid-funded plan that offers financial aid for assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burlington
Burlington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Burlington, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burlington
Burlington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Burlington, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Burlington
Review of Brookdale Burlington
We had a good and informative visit to Brookdale Burlington. The lady who showed us some of the building was very, very nice. She offered a lot of information, was so friendly with the residents, a... Read more
Review of Brookdale Burlington
I was very favorably impressed with my contact at Brookdale Burlington. I think she's very attentive and very willing to make accommodations and I like the staff I met there. They have some virus w... Read more
Review of The Oaks of Alamance
Dustin is a joke he sits in his office doing nothing. At of 2 employees the rest of the staff is bad. My mother in law was there & the almost killed her. They did not get her out of bed except ... Read more