26 Assisted Living Facilities near Pittsboro, NC
Also serving communities of Siler City.
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pittsboro area, with 2 in Pittsboro and 24 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Pittsboro is $4,150 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 152 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pittsboro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pittsboro 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Randleman with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pittsboro, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pittsboro, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pittsboro
Pittsboro is considered one of the best places to retire in Chatham County, North Carolina. The city is located approximately 40 minutes west of downtown Raleigh and just to the west of Jordan Lake, which provides plenty of outdoor activities and quiet watersports for seniors. Those who require help with medication administration, grooming and need personal care throughout the day can choose between two assisted living facilities within the city limits and 28 nearby.
Assisted living facilities in Pittsboro and the state of North Carolina are regulated by the Division of Health Service Regulation. There are two types of facilities to choose from. Adult care homes are for seven or more seniors and multi-unit assisted housing and service facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pittsboro
- The Pittsboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the UNC Chatham Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies of illness.
- Pittsboro has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Chatham County Council on Aging, an organization that provides activities and scheduled outings for seniors as well as one senior center.
- Seniors who need transportation for errands, medical appointments and other outings can take advantage of the Chatham County Council on Aging transportation service.
- Pittsboro experiences hot and humid summers with highs around 89 and cold winters with lows in January around 29. The city gets approximately three inches of snow per year and 46 inches of rain. Spring through fall is the perfect time for seniors who enjoy getting out to explore the city and surrounding area.
- Seniors on a budget may find it difficult to manage money with a cost of living in Pittsboro around 120, which is compared to the national average of 100. This is higher than the state's average of 96.
- The chance that a senior or other individual has in falling victim to a crime in Pittsboro is one in 305. In North Carolina, the chances are one in 269, which makes Pittsboro a relatively safe place for seniors to live.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pittsboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Pittsboro start around $4,150 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pittsboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pittsboro
The Medicaid State Plan provides help for seniors who need assistance paying for assisted living facilities within Pittsboro and the state of North Carolina. Eligibility is based on the federal Supplemental Security income payment and additional sources of income. Private rooms are not covered in the waiver program, but family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pittsboro
Pittsboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pittsboro, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pittsboro
Pittsboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Pittsboro, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pittsboro
Review of Cambridge Hills Of Pittsboro
My dad is very happy at Cambridge Hills of Pittsboro. The people are wonderful to him. They take him to his doctor's appointments. The only issue I have with them is their cable TV. The picture doe... Read more
Review of Liselotte Care Home
My Dad has been a patient at the home for over a year now. I have had nothing but good experiences from his being at the home. He has individualized care that would be impossible if he were at an... Read more
Review of Cambridge Hills Of Pittsboro
My mother is in Cambridge Hills of Pittsboro. They've done a great job. Her health has improved significantly since she got there. They help with incontinence, meal preparation, and feeding. She's ... Read more