Chatham Ridge Assisted Living Chapel Hill, NC

Reviews of Chatham Ridge Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Chatham Ridge Assisted Living

January 10, 2017

By Loving daughter082827

We had kind of a bad experience at Chatham, and so I would not recommend it. It was just a combination of errors. They had a lot of things that were good, like they had good food, but I just did not like the way that care was handled for my mom. They shifted her, she moved in and had a reaction, she had a dog and the dog had to be taken away quickly, they didn’t give her very much time to acclimate, and then they wanted to move her into the Alzheimer’s area. It was just kind of one thing after another, and they were not responsive with changes to medicines and things. Changes would be put into my mom’s chart; it would take days, and I had to talk to them before those things would actually be implemented. In the meantime, my mom was in a lot of pain and very uncomfortable, and I just could not trust them that they will follow through. There were a lot of nice employees there, but it was just the way it worked with my mom. I just did not like the general feel of the way the employees treated the residents. In some instances, they really did work hard with her, but overall I was not happy. It was a clean and a new facility, so it was a nice place, and I kind of judged it from that viewpoint. The picture looked really good. But then when I got in there, the way that employees were treating the patients was not good. She had this rude thing about Vaseline. She wanted this Vaseline, and they had to watch what she keeps in her room, so two people held her, and another person ripped this Vaseline out of her hand, so I had to go pick her up and bring her home. She was so upset because of the way they were treating her. The food was decent, but she could not wait to leave because of the way she was feeling about the care. It was kind of an attitude thing. They had a nice activity person, and I think she was doing a pretty good job. If I had just her to deal with, if there were more of her at Chatham, I would have been happy.

July 07, 2016

By Happy Visitor46

Chatham Ridge is new, clean, and affordable. The food is really good. The staff is great.

March 18, 2016

By Joyce121764850

Chatham Ridge is new, clean, ready to serve, and had openings close to where I live. They were friendly and clear about what they’re providing. The food was good.

June 29, 2015

By Gayle17

Chatham Ridge was very nice, and it was brand new. The rooms and apartments were brand new. It was an excellent facility. The staff was excellent. They really tried to help me in every way to get her in there. However, on her discharge paper, it said skilled care, and they do not offer skilled care. They had a little movie theater where the patients or a couple of clients watched movies. The security was very good. I could not think of anything that they would have to improve. However, maybe they needed to make a sign because you would not know that they were there. I was surprised that they were opened for a couple of months and they were not fully booked. The prices were very reasonable, but the sign was not just there, and they were behind other buildings.

Costs for Chatham Ridge Assisted Living

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Staff Patient Ratio: 7 To 1

About Chatham Ridge Assisted Living

We’re excited to be bringing the best in assisted living and memory care to the Triangle. Chatham Ridge Assisted Living will be located in Polks Village in southern Chapel Hill, just south of the Orange County/Chatham County line.

Amenities
  • 24 hour access to Certified Nursing Assistants & Personal Care Staff
  • Customized care with Registered Nurse overview
  • Emergency response system
  • Life enrichment program including outings and daily activities
  • Medication management
  • Restaurant-style dining serving breakfast & lunch & dinner
  • Scheduled local transportation to professional appointments

Map of Chatham Ridge Assisted Living