38 Assisted Living Facilities near Cary, NC
There are 38 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cary area, with 11 in Cary and 27 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cary is $4,661 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Raleigh with an average starting cost of $4,493.
To help you with your search, browse the 273 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cary. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cary 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Apex with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Cary find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cary, call (855) 863-8283.
11 Assisted Living Facilities in Cary, NC
27 Assisted Living Facilities near Cary, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cary
Located near Raleigh and the Research Triangle, Cary, N.C., has become an attractive location for retirees so much so that they are the fastest-growing group in the city. With a moderate year-round climate, ample arts and cultural activities and resources for seniors, it makes sense many retirees are calling Cary home.
Thanks to this growing population, there are 11 assisted living facilities in Cary, with another 43 nearby in cities such as Apex. Cary's assisted living facilities, termed "adult care homes" by the state, are licensed by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cary
- Cary boasts moderate year-round temperatures. Average highs peak in July at 90 degrees and fall to their lowest in January at 51 degrees. Seniors who want to avoid snow will appreciate Cary's low snowfall totals. The city receives just 7 inches of snow annually.
- Cary's cost of living is higher than both North Carolina and national averages. As a result, assisted living facility expenses also run higher than the national median.
- Cary offers a fixed route bus service perfect for getting around town. In addition, seniors aged 60 and older can access Go Cary Door to Door, a shared ride services that features reasonable rates.
- Arts and cultural opportunities for seniors abound in Cary. The Cary Arts Center regularly hosts gallery and public arts exhibitions, as well as plays and performances.
- The Cary area is home to world-class medical facilities, including WakeMed Cary Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cary has an array of community resources for seniors, including the local Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources Department, an organization that organizes senior citizen clubs, crafts, volunteer opportunities and exercise classes, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cary
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Cary start around $4,661 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cary and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cary
Eligible seniors can reduce their out-of-pocket expenses for assisted living in North Carolina. The state's Medicaid program provides monthly payments for room and board at assisted living facilities for seniors who qualify. These payments are capped every month, and the amount received depends on income level.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cary
Cary and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cary, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cary
Cary-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Cary, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cary
Review of Waltonwood Cary Parkway
We visited Waltonwood Cary Parkway. The staff was excellent, very warm, and they seemed to know all the residents. It was very large, and the apartment they showed was a very long walk from the ent... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Cary
The tour person at Sunrise of Cary was really nice. It's a beautiful facility, but you have to furnish the rooms yourself. They went out of their way to make their residents feel comfortable, not l... Read more
Review of HeartFields at Cary
I loved HeartFields at Cary. The staff is lovely and I love the marketing director. The rooms were gorgeous. They were excellent. Read more