Abbotswood at Stonehenge

Assisted Living Reviews for Abbotswood at Stonehenge

Independent Living Reviews for Abbotswood at Stonehenge

January 04, 2015

By famil

A year ago I visited several facilities in the north Raleigh area for a place for my 92 year old mother-in-law, She could no longer live alone in another state. We brought her here to Raleigh to be near us. I visited each facility at least twice. Abbotswood was the only facility that I visited that I walked away each time feeling really good. The lobby was warm and inviting and always full of residents. It was not stuffy as some places and not void of residents as were others. It was the only place where I felt she had a chance at a social life. Abbotswood offers full 1 and 2 bedroom apartments not just glorified hotel rooms. The food is very good as a norm. They offer full assistance packages if needed. Unfortunately however, no nursing home services. The staff is very friendly and have a genuine interest in their residents. They try to get to know them , their habits, their strengths and their needs. Abbotswood offers a variety of activities for all abilities. The staff is good at helping each resident adapt, adjust and find their niche. We have been elated!

November 14, 2014

We have looked at Abbotswood. It was more sterile and dated. It was a lot more expensive too. What I didn't like about this place is that they charge the base rent, but then you have a meal plan (so you can get like the silver, bronze and gold plan) and you have to pay for the meal plan too.

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us. Sterile and dated would not be our choice of words when describing our apartment homes, which have gone through many upgrades in the past few years.

Our apartments feature granite counter tops in both kitchen and bath, alongside an additional granite breakfast nook.

We are the only community in the Raleigh area currently offering the flexibility of Service Plans. Our residents have the freedom and flexibility to decide which plan best fits their lifestyle. As our residents needs change, they are also able to change what services they receive. This ensures that all residents get the full value of their services package.

When you have a chance we would love to have you stop by Abbotswood to meet the staff and learn more about what we have to offer.

Sincerely, Matt Towler, Executive Director, Abbostwood at Stonehenge

June 30, 2014

By Aileen63370450

I have found a place for my mom that seems to be working very well. Abbotswood is wonderful and the food is great. Everything so far has been satisfactory.

April 05, 2014

Abbotswood at Stonehenge is my mother's choice, but she hasn't moved in yet. It seems they have a very active program, and that interests her. She likes the look and feel of it, and also the apartment itself. Her's will have two bedrooms, a living room and a kitchenette. Their activities include bingo, puzzles, card games, trips to a lot of places, movie and a popcorn night. The other thing that was an interest to her is the religious services.

December 31, 2013

By Aileen82131250

November 27, 2012

By dvkb3021

My aunt lived here for almost fifteen years. She started in a assisted-living apartment and enjoyed her independence and freedom to move around and personalize her apartment. She could attend art classes, her own meals, and socialize with other apartment dwellers. After about nine years, and a series of blackouts (quickly tended to by the superb staff), she moved to the nursing home unit. She still had an individual private room, but much more monitored care. This was a superb facility, that allows seniors to adapt into a new environment. My parents and I really struggled with the decision and finding a home for her, but we ultimately decided on Abbottswood, because it was a great combination of retirement and nursing facilities. They have an onsite pharmacy, doctors of all specialities and even buses offsite to Walmart and Rite-Aid. All around, Abbottswood is a great facility that I would definitely recommend!

May 18, 2011

By cjmwb

Friend or relative of resident

My grandparents lived at Abbotswood for several years until my grandfather died. My grandfather had suffered from several strokes and needed substantial care that an assisted living facility could provide. I visited my grandparents numerous times over the course of several years and found the Abbotswood facility clean, nicely designed, and spacious. The staff seems to genuinely care about residents, and we did not experience any ""neglect"" issues. The food at Abbotswood is good (better than most retirement communities), and they offer a variety of healthy food choices. My grandparents seemed happy there. My grandmother made a number of friends during her stay, and it was good for her to be relieved from the overwhelming burden of caring for my grandfather. Abbotswood offers a variety of activities, card games, resident events, and monthly outings. Resident living quarters are well designed and maintained. If a relative needs assisted living, Abbotswood is a good choice, and I definitely recommend them.

Costs for Abbotswood at Stonehenge

Photos of Abbotswood at Stonehenge

Services and Amenities of Abbotswood at Stonehenge

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Abbotswood at Stonehenge

Life at Abbotswood at Stonehenge is comfortable and convenient with all the pleasures of home and none of the responsibilities. We’re located in a desirable area offering the best of all worlds — it’s thriving with business and entertainment opportunities nearby, but is also an established residential neighborhood. Three large shopping centers, a history museum, a life and science museum, and a planetarium are all quite close.

INDEPENDENT LIVING:

When the daily tasks and chores of home maintenance become a greater burden than you wish to carry, moving to an independent living community can help you reclaim your time and discover new and engaging ways to fill your days. As an independent senior in our vibrant and diverse community, you can engage with the activities most meaningful to you while we take care of the chores. How you choose to spend your time and find your joy is always your own choice.

Quality Care in a Supportive Environment:

When an aging loved one begins to struggle with the tasks of daily living, a sense of loss and concern for independence can become an issue. We understand that creating a nonjudgmental environment of support is crucial for the well-being of our residents. Self-esteem and dignity are top priorities of our caregivers, because we understand how important they are to our residents and their families.

Amenities:
  • Design your own lifestyle with multiple service plan options
  • Choose from a variety of dining plans available 30 - 90 meals per month - or create your own plan
  • Multiple menu selections and everyday entrees available
  • Community-wide utilities and expanded cable
  • Weekly, bi-weekly and monthly housekeeping options
  • Emergency response system and daily check-ins
  • 24-hour security and customer service staff
  • Manager on duty 7 days a week
  • Apartment maintenance with 7 days a week coverage
  • Scheduled transportation - shopping and medical appointments
  • Personal chauffeur service available
  • Signature Art of Living Well® programs
  • Planned social and educational events as well as day trips
  • Balance and mobility programs
  • State-of-the-art fitness center
  • Personal training and wellness assessments available
  • On-site rehabilitation and therapy services
  • On-site assisted care and services available 24 hours per day
  • On-site climate controlled locker storage

Abbotswood at Stonehenge is a beautiful, vibrant, and welcoming Independent and Assisted Living Services community in Raleigh, North Carolina. Set on 10 acres in a lovely area of North Raleigh, we're surrounded by nature, yet minutes from downtown and even closer to daily conveniences.

Map of Abbotswood at Stonehenge