5 Independent Living Communities in Durham County, NC
The average cost of independent living in Durham County is $1,886 per month. This is lower than the national median of $2,572. Cheaper nearby regions include Chatham County with an average starting cost of $1,700.
To help you with your search, browse the 85 reviews below for independent living communities in Durham County. On average, consumers rate independent living in Durham County 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wake County with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 31 families in Durham County find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about independent living options and costs in Durham County, call (855) 863-8283.
Browse Independent Living by city: Independent Living in Durham
Other Options in Durham County, NC
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities in Durham County, North Carolina
- Assisted Living in Durham County, North Carolina
- Nursing Homes in Durham County, North Carolina
- Home Health Agencies in Durham County, North Carolina
- All Senior Living in Durham County, North Carolina
- All Senior Care in Durham County, North Carolina
Independent Living near Durham County, NC
- Independent Living in Wake County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Chatham County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Alamance County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Moore County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Guilford County, North Carolina
- Independent Living in Rockingham County, North Carolina
Recent Reviews of Independent Living in Durham County
Review of Durham Regent
The girl at Durham Regent was nice, but the food was cold. The service was rough and none of the staff members were friendly. The place itself looked like it could use some renovation. The rooms lo... Read more
Review of Emerald Pond
Emerald Pond was wonderful and was my favorite. It seemed more like home than most places I have seen. The rooms were spacious and there was ample parking. The staff was very friendly and helpful. ... Read more
Review of Durham Regent
Durham Regent looked more like a hospital. It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't my taste. The staff member was very personable and friendly. Read more
Independent Living Checklist: What to Look for, What to Ask
Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or Independent Living?
The first step to finding the best senior housing for your loved one is to understand what type of care facility is the best fit. There are six main types of residential elder care options: _[In...
Independent Living or Assisted Living?
Independent Living Costs Explained
How to Pay for Independent Living
3 Ideas to Help Afford Independent Living
The cost of [independent living facilities](https://www.caring.com/senior-living/independent-living "Independent Living Directory") varies widely, depending on what's offered and where. Options ran...