Atria Southpoint Walk

Reviews of Atria Southpoint Walk

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Southpoint Walk

April 16, 2015

By Leigh3

We went to Atria Southpoint Walk, and my mom likes it a lot. Everyone was very helpful. They were well-organized and thoughtful, and they obviously paid a lot of attention to the experience they want to create for the people that live there. The only thing I think mom didn't like about it was that in their one-bedroom apartment, she would have to leave her bedroom to go to the bathroom; she'd actually have to go out in the hall in the middle of the night. The staff people were great. The people there seemed like they were happy, healthy, and very friendly.

March 07, 2015

By Alice37

I think a friend recommended Atria for my mother. They have a lot of amenities, and they have a lot to offer. It was very clean, and it looked kind of new. It wasn't very old like some of the other places. This one looks like brand new. It is five years old, but it looks brand new. The space was big. It was like you had your own apartment. The space was larger than most. I saw a lot of activities. The staff was excellent. I didn't meet anyone that wasn't pleasant. The grounds were good, and parking was not a problem.

February 25, 2015

Atria Southpoint Walk has larger apartment units with more square footage. They have three floors of units. They just had a turnover of staff. The new director came from Florida, and she seems to be exceptionally gracious and generous. She came on the day that the service didn't show up. She changed my parent's bed linen. They are much more generous than the last administration. People complain about the food there. They have a chef, and it is not home cooking. It is not appetizing. They do have an activities calendar, and they have quite a few activities. My parents participated in the bridge club. They had a Broadway play production. They have a book club, men's club, and a wine and cheese club. They have a very good social agenda to keep people active. They also take field trips to the local area. They have transportation to their doctors and to shopping.

July 25, 2014

By Nurtia

I had been to the Atria before, and it's very beautiful. The rooms are very nice, and the people are very friendly and helpful. It's handicap-accessible, and they can wheel his chair into the shower, but it's way too expensive for him at the time. Everything else is so great. What stood out was probably the elegance of the interior, and the drapes. It's all upscale. Everything is extremely nice quality, and the furniture is beautiful.

June 30, 2014

By Lisa86690750

I like Atria Southpoint Walk, but at the time of our visit, they were full. I also saw that they have a very small assisted living area. Everything looked nice. Their common areas have very lavish furnishings. They have a fireplace, and it was just very pretty inside. If there's one thing they need to improve, I think they need to add some more rooms to their location.

June 25, 2014

Atria was really nice but very expensive. The rooms were nice and spacious. The facility was very clean and well maintained. It was very nice. I would recommend it.

September 30, 2013

By sjpphd

This is the nicest of the independent and assisted living facilities that we visited, and my father decided pretty quickly that he wanted to live there. The staff are extremely friendly and competent, and go out of their way to help residents get settled and find activities that they would enjoy. The food is fair, as they keep recipes fairly bland. However the Sunday buffet is excellent with many choices for discerning appetites. The apartments are beautiful, and cleaning is provided in the rent on an every other week basis. The place is always clean and fresh smelling and there is always a calm, quiet atmosphere in the lobby and halls. Residents are very independent and sophisticated. Excellent for older parents who need to relocate to be near their children.

August 21, 2012

It's excellent, the staff was excellent, and the facility is beautiful. It was brand new at the time my mother-in-law went in there. Compare to other places I've seen around Durham, there's just no comparison. It's much, much nicer.

July 28, 2012

By mattyice

The facilities and amenities were excellent and the staff was second to none. From the dining room to the lobby to the bar area (a favorite of many residents, it seems) all of the public areas have a warm, open feel to them. The apartments themselves come with first rate equipment such as refrigerators, stoves and ovens. The staff is always available and always helpful. Medical staff and maintenance were always pleasant and efficient whenever they were called upon. Most importantly, the residents seem to be a happy group from a wide variety of backgrounds. This made all social gatherings into great times. If there is one complaint, I would say it is the food served in the dining room. Though healthy and plentiful, it often lacks in flavor. It is probably par for the course, but could stand to be improved. All in all, Alta Walk was a wonderful experience for my grandmother and for those of us who visited her.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Southpoint Walk

May 02, 2019

By Brian

Atria Southpoint Walk don't have much if any health care. The room looked very nice but it was like a motel; I didn't get a homey feeling about it. They had a program of activities but it was not at all impressive compared to others. Also it was in a busy intersection; there were lots of traffic around it.

March 21, 2018

By A Reviewer

I'm a resident of Atria Southpoint Walk independent living. They prepare your meals and always have activities to go to every day. We have meetings, a book club, bingo, jewelry making, and go on walks. The staff members include people in charge of the activities, an executive director, business manager, chef, and cook. I have a one-bedroom apartment with a kitchen, living room, bedroom, bath, and a washer and dryer. They also provide cleaning service every other week.

May 25, 2017

By audrey864840

I didn't like Atria, it had both little cottages and apartments, but there wasn't any private outdoor space. It's very institutional. The quarters were very long, there were not many elevators, and unless you're near the dining room, you had a lot of walking to do. The residents complained about having to wait for elevators if they weren't able to use the stairs. I think the units were small, not every unit had laundry facilities, and you either pay somebody to do your laundry, or you could use their laundry room in different places there. I had lunch there, and the lunch was OK. I did like that they had community rooms scattered about, where you could play cards or have a book club, but they also used hallway space for that, which did not appeal to me.

Thank you for visiting us and providing your feedback. It's truly important to us, because our top priority is being a great place to live and to work.

May 24, 2015

Atria Southpoint Walk was quite nice; however, their prices were more than I could afford. Their rooms were quite nice, but they were overpriced. They provide transportation, but I drive my car, so that is not something I need. The staff treated me quite well. They were friendly, but not extremely friendly like the people at the other facility. They didn't invite me to eat there. People seemed happy, but they were pretty occupied. I went at lunch time, so they seemed busy, but overall, the atmosphere seemed great.

Thank you for visiting Atria Southpoint Walk. We appreciate your feedback and invite you to come back and join us for a meal at your earliest convenience. If you’d like to share more with us about your experience, please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

May 13, 2015

We also visited Atria Southpoint Walk which was really nice, and it seemed to have a lot of active residents. They have a really small assisted living portion, and it's really for people who need independent living. Their rooms were the nicest and largest ones I saw. Their two bedrooms are very big. They have a washer and dryer.

August 27, 2014

Atria Southpoint Walk was very, very nice. They also have cottages and I saw one of them and it was extremely nice. It was probably about the same as the cottages here, which are very large. It wasn't as attractive, but if they had something available, it would have been on my list of possibilities. I didn't find the staff as friendly as the ones here, but most of them were nice except for one that didn't get back to us and put us off. I did not taste the food and I know they had a chef. I was probably attracted to the size of the cottage and the location. It was a good location.

September 05, 2013

By Waterfront

Atria advertises that their food is excellent. However, the food at Atria Southpoint Walk, Durham, NC has not come close to the claims. Atria bought out the Durham facility July 1st, 2013, and the food is still horrible. Small portions, no seasoning, overcooked meats. The list could go on & on. Occasionally there is a good dessert. Since mealtime takes approximately 1 1/2 hours each (because of extremely slow service), twice a day, it is a big part of the day. The food is so bad that my parents are embarrassed to invite friends over & I would not in good faith recommend Atria to anyone.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community, and I am so sorry to hear that your parents' dining experience has not been up to Atria standards. Your review will be shared with the appropriate directors so that we can make the changes needed to provide your parents (and their friends) with the very best mealtime experience. If you would like to discuss this issue further or have any questions, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Costs for Atria Southpoint Walk

• Meal Preparation

• State Licenses: 032-131

• Get Costs

About Atria Southpoint Walk

Atria Southpoint Walk encourages active older adults to spend their time as they wish, knowing everything from housekeeping to cooking and even transportation is handled for them. Our convenient location a short distance from shopping, restaurants, universities and parks, combined with a robust monthly calendar of events and social opportunities, creates the perfect atmosphere for an engaging, fulfilling lifestyle. We encourage residents to take full advantage of everything our community offers, whether taking in a show at the Durham Performing Arts Center, cheering on the Bulls baseball team or stopping to smell the roses in our lovely courtyard. From our on-site woodworking shop, fitness center, salon and library to yoga classes and group outings, residents can design their days to suit their interests. Our experienced and trained staff is available 24 hours a day to ensure your comfort and safety and provide discreet assistance, as needed. Spacious apartments, inviting common areas, and delicious chef-prepared dining round out the features of Atria Southpoint Walk, combining to create an exceptional senior living experience.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Southpoint Walk