3 Assisted Living Facilities in Sanford, NC
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sanford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sanford 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pittsboro with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sanford, call (855) 863-8283.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sanford
Review of Parkview Retirement Center, Inc.
Parkview Retirement Village is very clean, it smells very good, and the people working there are friendly. I got to meet the owner, and she was extremely nice and helpful. My aunt has a very nice, ... Read more
Review of Magnolia House Retirement Center
Beware this agency is corrupted. I had to move my grandfather there just never was any snacks and every time I went to check on him he was filthy this place makes me sick!!! The owners sugar coated... Read more
Review of Parkview Retirement Center, Inc.
The facilities were well maintained and clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The housing is located in long tiers. In my cousin's case, the room looked out onto a brick wall across a s... Read more
Assisted Living near Lee County, NC
More Options Near Sanford, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sanford
Located just outside the Research Triangle in central North Carolina, Sanford has many residents who work at some of the largest companies in the area, like Pfizer, 3M and Caterpillar. There are many suburban neighborhoods with families, and 6 assisted living facilities for seniors — who make up 12 percent of the population. These facilities are monitored by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sanford
- Sanford’s weather has four well-defined seasons, with winters that will drop below freezing in December through February and yield light amounts of snow, and summers that peak in the 90s on a regular basis. It is known to rain in small amounts throughout the year, making it a little wet and cold for some seniors.
- The air quality in Sanford is good, though the town will sometimes get small amounts of pollution and subsequently lower marks, due to the nearby urban areas. This may be an issue with seniors who have sensitive respiratory systems.
- With the exception of food, health care and utilities, Sanford’s cost of living is less than the national average. Homes are almost fifty thousand dollars lower than the state average and a hundred thousand under the national average. Utilities, groceries and health care make the cost of living in Sanford go up a little bit, making everyday living more expensive for seniors.
- However, Sanford also has a noticeably high crime rate due to certain areas of the town, one that is well above both the state and national averages. This makes it only 13 percent safer than most American cities.
- Lee County, where Sanford is located, offers a transportation service for seniors called COLTS, or the County of Lee Transit System. Rides must be booked two days in advance and their rides can be paid for with prepaid vouchers.
- The Sanford area has no/few facilities from which to choose from in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital WakeMed Health & Hospitals located in the nearby city of Raleigh.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sanford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Sanford start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sanford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sanford
The State/County Special Assistance Program, which is an SSI state supplement created by the North Carolina, gives enough financial support to the elderly and low-income residents. This program is also meant for seniors who need non-medical care on a regular basis, but can no longer live at home on their own.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sanford
Sanford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sanford, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sanford
Sanford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.