8 Assisted Living Facilities near Lillington, NC
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lillington area, with 2 in Lillington and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lillington is $4,400 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Angier with an average starting cost of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 30 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lillington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lillington 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Apex with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lillington, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Lillington, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lillington
Located on the banks of the Cape Fear River, Lillington is a small town in North Carolina with just under 3,500 residents. The median age is slightly higher than average, with 27.5 percent of residents age 55 and older. The North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation oversees a total of 13 assisted living facilities in Lillington and the nearby cities. Those communities offer services such as health and nursing care, housekeeping and monitoring.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lillington
- The cost of living in Lillington, North Carolina, is slightly better than average by 4.2 percent. Seniors won’t get much of a break when it comes to most expenses, but housing is cheaper, which impacts the monthly cost of ALF facilities.
- Seniors who select a Lillington ALF will face a violent crime rate that’s just slightly above average. They should be more concerned with theft and arson, as property crime is a significant 33.7 percent higher than average, so it might be worthwhile to make security a priority when selecting an ALF.
- Lillington, North Carolina is a decent place for seniors when it comes to respiratory health and air quality. The air quality rank is 65 compared to the worse national average of 54. The risk of developing respiratory conditions due to poor air quality is comparable to the rest of the metro area and lower than the state or national averages.
Climate in Lillington, North Carolina is appealing, beating the national average on the Sperling’s Comfort Index (62 out of 100 versus 54, 100 being best). While summer can be warm, winter temperatures don’t dip much below freezing, and snowfall is minimal (3 inches annually).
- Seniors can get around Lillington on the Harnett Area Rural Transit System (HARTS). Subscription routes, dial-a-ride and demand-response services all are available to meet transportation needs.
- Lillington is home to world-class medical facilities, including Central Harnett Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lillington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Lillington start around $4,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lillington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lillington
The state of North Carolina provides multiple financial aid options that might make an ALF more affordable for Lillington seniors. These include Social Security supplements, the CAP/DA Medicaid Waiver and the North Carolina Adult Care Home Assistance and Adult Care Home Special Care Unit programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lillington
Lillington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lillington, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lillington
Lillington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lillington, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lillington
Review of Pinecrest Gardens
This place is a great place for many reasons for assisted living care. It is an older facility but I'd kept very clean. They take patients for their Dr. Appointment. Also doctor visits on site at ... Read more
Review of Green Leaf Care Center
Green Leaf Care Center seems good, and I know some people there. They have something every day for the residents listed on the board. The staff has always been friendly and helpful, but sometimes, ... Read more
Review of Green Leaf Care Center
I liked Green Leaf. They showed me around, and they were polite. It was clean; it didn’t smell. It would probably have been the place I would have picked for my husband. They seemed really nice, an... Read more