6 Assisted Living Facilities near Pinehurst, NC
Also serving communities of West End, Carthage, Rockingham, Hamlet.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pinehurst area, with 2 in Pinehurst and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Pinehurst is $3,767 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,630.
To help you with your search, browse the 36 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pinehurst. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pinehurst 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pittsboro with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pinehurst, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Pinehurst, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pinehurst
Pinehurst, located in central North Carolina, was established in 1895 as a private golf community and health resort. The village became an incorporated municipality nearly a century later, and today, it’s home to just over 16,300 people. Nearly 41% of these residents are 65 years of age or older.
For Pinehurst seniors who need assistance with daily activities, there are seven nearby assisted living facilities. These local facilities, like those throughout North Carolina, are licensed by the state Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pinehurst
- There are many fun activities for seniors in Pinehurst. Golf-loving seniors can visit the historic Pinehurst Resort, which offers nine courses. Nature lovers can stop by the 32-acre Sandhills Horticultural Gardens. For history buffs, there is the Tufts Archives, an organization that displays the village’s history.
- The Pinehurst area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Moore Regional Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- This village has a low crime rate. The violent crime rate is only 0.39 per 1,000 residents, while the property crime rate is 8.11 per 1,000 residents. With these low rates, it’s safer than 73% of cities in the country. Seniors have the opportunity to enjoy a safe, comfortable retirement in Pinehurst.
- Pinehurst has a relatively high cost of living, and this is largely due to housing costs. In Pinehurst, housing is 60.7% more expensive than the statewide average and 47.4% higher than the nationwide average. Seniors may also notice higher-than-average prices for healthcare, which may strain some budgets.
- Public transit options in Pinehurst are limited. Seniors who need transportation to medical appointments can book rides on Moore County Transportation’s bus service. In-county trips are $4 each way, while out-of-country trips are $7 each way.
- Residents of the Fayetteville-Sanford-Lumberton metropolitan area enjoy some of the cleanest air in the country, according to American Lung Association rankings. The area is tied for first place in two measures of air pollution: ozone and 24-hour particle pollution. For seniors with lung conditions, Pinehurst’s clean air may be appealing.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pinehurst
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Pinehurst start around $3,767 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pinehurst and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pinehurst
Personal Care Services, a program offered by North Carolina Medicaid, may pay for the care that seniors receive in Pinehurst's assisted living facilities. Pinehurst seniors who receive SSI benefits may qualify for North Carolina’s optional state supplementation payments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pinehurst
Pinehurst and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pinehurst, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pinehurst
Pinehurst-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pinehurst
Review of Brookdale Pinehurst
Bad experience and scary experience for some of out most vulnerable people in society--the elderly! We were misled by the management as to the services that would be provided and that we paid for.... Read more
Review of Brookdale Pinehurst
Brookdale Pinehurst was very nice and very clean. It was small, but also expensive. Everybody was very helpful, but the amount of care and attention wasn't much there. I think they were understaffe... Read more
Review of Fox Hollow Senior Living Community
Fox Hollow Senior Living Community was a little bit less expensive, but it was not nearly as nice as the other facility we checked out. I think it was the assistant director who gave us a tour that... Read more