6 Assisted Living Facilities near Asheboro, NC
Also serving communities of Franklinville.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Asheboro area, with 3 in Asheboro and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Asheboro is $3,622 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Randleman with an average starting cost of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 19 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Asheboro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Asheboro 3.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Randleman with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Asheboro find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Asheboro, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Asheboro, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Asheboro
Asheboro is located south of Greensboro in central North Carolina. The city is famous for being the home of the North Carolina Zoo, the largest natural habitat zoo in the world. It’s also home to approximately 25,850 people. The city has a relatively large senior population: nearly 17% of residents are 65 or older.
To serve the area’s seniors, there are three assisted living facilities within Asheboro city limits. Another three are located nearby, and they’re all regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Asheboro
- Asheboro receives 212 sunny days per year, on average. Compared to the U.S. average of 205 days, Asheboro seniors can enjoy a full extra week of sunshine. This may appeal to seniors who enjoy outdoor activities like walking or birdwatching.
- Asheboro has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Randolph County Senior Adult Association, an organization that provides curb-to-curb transit services for seniors. The organization also operates one senior center in the city.
- The cost of living in Asheboro is significantly lower than the national average. This is largely driven by housing costs, which are 39.3% lower than the U.S. norm. Groceries and transportation are also noticeably less expensive than average. However, healthcare costs are 11% higher than the U.S. average, which may cancel out the savings for seniors.
- The Asheboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Randolph Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- North Carolina doesn’t tax Social Security benefits, and these tax savings may help seniors pay for assisted living. Seniors who retired from state or federal government positions may qualify for a tax exemption. Other types of retirement income, including IRAs, 401(k)s and pensions are taxed at a flat rate of 5.49%.
- In Asheboro, the property crime rate is 59.04 per 1,000 residents, which means that residents have a 1 in 17 chance of becoming a victim of these crimes. At 5.46 per 1,000 residents, the violent crime rate is also quite high. To help seniors feel comfortable, some of Asheboro’s assisted living facilities provide 24-hour security systems.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Asheboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Asheboro start around $3,622 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Asheboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Asheboro
In North Carolina, Medicaid supports a Personal Care Services program which may help seniors pay for the care they receive in Asheboro’s assisted living facilities. Seniors who receive SSI may receive additional funding from the state’s optional state supplementation program when they move into assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Asheboro
Asheboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Asheboro, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Asheboro
Asheboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Asheboro, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Asheboro
Review of Brookdale Asheboro
I visited both the assisted living and memory care units at Brookdale Asheboro. The tour guides were extremely helpful. I was surprised at the smallness of the facility, which could be good or bad.... Read more
Review of Brookdale Asheboro
My loved one was left in the same dirty clothes for days. Mom has lost too much weight. She has been falling. Management is never available to answer my calls and will not call me back. Our bill i... Read more
Review of Brookdale Asheboro
I'm very satisfied with Brookdale Asheboro. My brother seems to be happy there. They have outings, recreational therapists, they have volunteers that come in to do events, they also go to movies. I... Read more