14 Assisted Living Facilities near Thomasville, NC
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Thomasville area, with 5 in Thomasville and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Thomasville is $6,000 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Archdale with an average starting cost of $3,399.
To help you with your search, browse the 69 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Thomasville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Thomasville 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Thomasville, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Thomasville, NC
9 Assisted Living Facilities near Thomasville, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Thomasville
While Thomasville, North Carolina is renowned for its robust furniture industry, some seniors may know it as “Chair Town” thanks to the 30-foot landmark replica of a Duncan Phyfe armchair. They might even remember when presidential candidate Lyndon B. Johnson sat on the 10-foot-square seat during a 1960 campaign whistle stop.
Seniors aged 65 and older comprise nearly 16% of Thomasville’s estimated population of 26,635. Those who need help with the activities of daily living find five assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Thomasville, with another nine in nearby High Point, Lexington and surrounding areas.
ALFs are also known as adult care homes (ACHs) in North Carolina, and the state’s Division of Health Service Regulation is responsible for licensing these facilities in Thomasville and the rest of the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Thomasville
- Seniors on tight budgets may appreciate the cost of living in Thomasville that’s about 15% lower than the national average. This is primarily due to the 40% lower cost of housing, but seniors do pay less for transportation and groceries in Thomasville than in other parts of North Carolina and the U.S. average.
- SmartAsset considers North Carolina a moderately tax-friendly state for retirees since Thomasville seniors are not taxed on their Social Security retirement benefits. However, seniors do pay state income taxes on their public and private pension income.
- Although the violent crime rate of 22.1 in Thomasville mirrors the national average of 22.7, property crime is higher. On a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being high property crime, Thomasville scores 59.1, with the U.S. average scoring 35.4. This may concern security-conscious seniors and their families.
- The Thomasville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who like a dry year-round climate won’t find it in Thomasville, where 110 days of average precipitation and 45 inches of rain are the norm. The summer high in July averages 89 degrees, and winter’s low in January averages 30 degrees.
- Thomasville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Thomasville Senior Center, which provides a computer lab, library and fitness room as well as weekly and monthly classes, special events and health and legal services.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Thomasville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Thomasville start around $6,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Thomasville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Thomasville
To help low-income seniors in Thomasville pay for room and board costs associated with adult care homes, North Carolina provides the State/County Special Assistance Program (For Adult Care Home Residents).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Thomasville
Thomasville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Thomasville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Thomasville
Thomasville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Thomasville, NC
Other Options in Thomasville, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Thomasville
Review of Spring Arbor of Thomasville
My husband was at Spring Arbor of Thomasville for almost a month. Because of dementia, he was in the memory care unit. He didn't have much freedom there. Unfortunately, the people that were in ther... Read more
Review of The Clinard House
The best staff on the planet Read more
Review of The Lyman House
Lyman House provides gentle, loving, individualized care. The care giver/resident ratio far exceeds other facilities, giving much more personal quality care. The webcam is also very reassuring fo... Read more