20 Assisted Living Facilities near Kernersville, NC
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kernersville area, with 5 in Kernersville and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kernersville is $3,275 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include High Point with an average starting cost of $2,860.
To help you with your search, browse the 155 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kernersville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kernersville 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grantsboro with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kernersville, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Kernersville, NC
15 Assisted Living Facilities near Kernersville, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kernersville
Kernersville is considered one of the best places to retire in Forsyth County, North Carolina. Located approximately 30 minutes east of Winston-Salem, Kernersville is a town with lovely public parks for afternoon walks and a lively business district for seniors who enjoy shopping and eating out.
For those looking for an assisted living facility for help with daily living tasks, there are 59 assisted living facilities in the area, including five in downtown Kernersville. Regulated by the North Carolina Division and Health Service Regulation, these facilities provide medication administration, help with grooming, housekeeping and meals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kernersville
- The Kernersville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Kernersville Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Kernersville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Shepherds Center of Kernersville, an organization that helps enrich the lives of seniors in the area as well as one senior center.
- The Winston-Salem Transit Authority provides a fixed-route service for seniors to and from medical appointments and for errands in the area. The Kernersville Senior Shuttle also runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- The crime rate in Kernersville is 83 percent higher than the national average. Seniors have a 1 in 20 chance of becoming a victim of any type of crime, which makes safety a concern for those living in the area.
- The cost of living in Kernersville is 93.7, which is lower than the state average of 96 and the national average of 100. Seniors can save more of their money after purchasing groceries and other necessities.
- Kernersville experiences four very distinct seasons throughout the year, which is ideal for seniors who enjoy both the sun and a little bit of snow. Summer highs are around 88 degrees Fahrenheit, while winter lows are around 29. The city gets about five inches of snow per year.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kernersville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Kernersville start around $3,275 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kernersville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kernersville
Although assistance is not provided for private rooms, the Medicaid State Plan wavier program offers help paying for semi-private facilities for seniors who qualify. Eligibility for the waiver is determined by an individual's income, which includes the Federal Supplemental Security Income payment. Family supplementation for a private room is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kernersville
Kernersville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kernersville, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kernersville
Kernersville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Kernersville, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kernersville
Review of Bradford Village West
Our parents moved into The Gardens At Bradford Village and it is excellent. It's an independent community and we have 12-hour care coming in. The staff is excellent, very friendly, and extremely he... Read more
Review of Memory Care of the Triad
This is a memory care facility. The residents are taken care of. It's an older building but don't let that fool you. There's lots of care & love there for the residents. They are happy other ... Read more
Review of Bradford Village West
My father-in-law moved into Bradford Village West. It's pretty good. They got him in when I needed to get him in. The price is not too bad and is somewhat affordable. His room is not bad and they f... Read more