19 Assisted Living Facilities near High Point, NC
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the High Point area, with 9 in High Point and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in High Point is $2,860 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Greensboro with an average starting cost of $2,790.
To help you with your search, browse the 121 reviews below for assisted living facilities in High Point. On average, consumers rate assisted living in High Point 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Archdale with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in High Point find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in High Point, call (855) 863-8283.
9 Assisted Living Facilities in High Point, NC
10 Assisted Living Facilities near High Point, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in High Point
As a part of the Piedmont Triad in North Carolina, High Point, along with Greensboro and Winston-Salem, form a region that exceeds 1.6 million residents. As a result, a bounty of arts and cultural activities are available for seniors in High Point, from outdoor musical performances to arts and crafts fairs. In addition, the city is home to nine assisted living facilities with another 49 in nearby cities like Greensboro. The North Carolina Division of Health Services Regulation oversees the licensing of assisted living facilities, which the state terms adult care homes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in High Point
- High Point boasts hot summer temperatures with highs reaching 90 in July. Winter temperatures are moderate, with high temperatures in the low 50s. Seniors looking to escape snowy winters enjoy High Point, which averages just 2 inches of snow every year.
- Cost of living in High Point is about 14 percent lower than the national average. Housing costs are particularly low. These lower expenses apply to assisted living facilities as well, where costs fall below the national median.
- The High Point Transit System (HPTS) operates a fixed route bus schedule that runs throughout the city. Seniors who are unable to access these buses can use the HPTS ACCESS, a door-to-door transit system designed for in-need seniors age 70 and older living within the city limits.
- The High Point Arts Council produces a variety of arts and cultural activities suitable for seniors. Live music in local parks, arts and craft fairs featuring vendors from all around the state and local theater are just some options to keep seniors busy.
- The High Point area is home to world-class medical facilities, including High Point Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- High Point has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Resources of Guilford, a nonprofit organization that offers social activities, community nutrition and meal delivery programs, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in High Point
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in High Point start around $2,860 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in High Point and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in High Point
Eligible seniors can seek out financial assistance to reduce the expenses of assisted living in High Point. The North Carolina Medicaid program assists with assisted living expenses for Medicaid-eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in High Point
High Point and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in High Point, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in High Point
High Point-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near High Point, NC
Other Options in High Point, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in High Point
Review of Piedmont Christian Home, Inc.
Piedmont Christian Home is (PCH) very clean PCH is always staffed with pleasant employees. It' s a secure facility. I've researched several assisted living facilities and at first glance you notic... Read more
Review of Brookdale High Point North
My mother was there and thriving until she started hiding her medication. We told the med-techs and this continued and escalated to the point where they told family to remove her physically and sh... Read more
Review of Piedmont Christian Home, Inc.
PIedmont, is not for your love one. My family member was,at Piedmont. They kept her sedated. They said things that were not true. Her care was not a priority. Avoid this place! They put her out bec... Read more