Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem

Assisted Living Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem

December 29, 2015

By Beth48

We visited Brighton Gardens, and it looked great. The room was average and had a separate bathroom. It was fine. The staff who assisted us was fine. The community was very nice and pleasing.

October 30, 2015

Brighton Gardens is fine; we have no qualms with them. They’ve certainly produced everything they said they would. It’s never home for these folks, but I think they do every effort to make it feel like home. It’s clean and welcoming; the staff of this community impressed us.

September 15, 2015

By Angela21

I visited Brighton Gardens. The grounds were very well maintained. The living spaces were a bit small, but the building was in a good repair, and the staff was very nice. It was an atmosphere where I felt the staff was very caring, and that they were looking after the residents very well. They had activities like art, music, games, movie nights, and outings. They had a little bit of everything. It was in a pretty commercial neighborhood. There were lots of stores and shopping centers. It was probably within 10 to 15 minutes to a hospital. It was a very nice facility, and I would recommend it.

July 14, 2015

By Patricia110426650

I like Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem very much. The girl who was in charge of sales was the main one that my daughter and I spent the time with. I only saw one apartment there, and it seemed to be clean and well run, and there was quite a bit going on. I didn't have any objections to anything.

June 28, 2015

By Sassy25

My mom has lived at Brighton Gardens for almost a year now and the care is not that good. The personalized, caring service they claim on their website and paperwork that we received is not really there. From the outside, everything looks nice, but when you have a relative live there, you start to notice the problems. While the management is open to listening to your concerns regarding your family member's care, nothing is ever done to remediate complaints and problems are never fixed. My Mom often has to wait over 10 minutes for someone to address her needs once she pushes her assistance button. I would not recommend Brighton Gardens to anyone as a place to have their elderly relative live. Really unfortunate.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

March 27, 2015

Brighton Gardens was very nice, and my visit was a very good experience. The staff was very nice, very knowledgeable, and very efficient. I didn't observe any of their activities, but they discussed what was available. The surroundings were very nice, very clean, and very cheerful. The food was very good, very nice, and well-presented.

October 01, 2014

By Dillie

Brighton Gardens was very nice. I like the way it looked. She could have stayed there, but she’s blind; she can’t see the place anyway. She would have gone to the second floor there and she had to use the elevator to come down to the common area. They would help her, but I would imagine. The grounds were really nice. That was in a good area. They were well staffed and very very friendly. It could have been in the time of the day that I was there but I didn’t see a lot of people out of their room. But there was odor down there. I told the lady, that I liked it all but I don’t like the smell.

September 25, 2014

By Deanna3

Brighton Gardens is very nice. The staff is very friendly. The rooms look very nice.

August 17, 2014

By Terry33

We chose Brighton Gardens for my dad because they told me that they specialized in people with dementia. Also, they tried to allow my dad to stay in their assisted living area for as long as possible instead of putting him directly into a memory care unit. They have a very caring staff. Some of them are absolutely wonderful; some are really not that good. The first room we had my father in was very spacious and very nice. However, his dementia wasn't getting any better and they thought that a smaller room would be better, so we moved him into the smaller room. It had a lot of closet space, so it was still a pleasant room. However, we had to move him to the memory care unit and that room is very small and the closet is very small. With regard to the activities, they take them out to lunch once in awhile; they take them on sight-seeing trips; they take them to drive-thru zoos; and they also have Bingo and different Wii games. They do arts and crafts as well. The food is okay. It is certainly not gourmet food, but it is okay. Overall, what I like best about this place are the room sizes. I thought that was very nice. I also like the friendliness of the staff and the fact that they knew everyone's names. However, the reason I wouldn't give them a rating of 5 is because the cost of my dad's care has gone up over $2,500 in less than three months and he has been moved three times, with the room that he is in now being much smaller than the original room. I can't understand why it costs so much. Also, they need to improve the communication between the different departments -- for instance, the nursing staff should communicate with the people who are actually caring for the residents.

July 31, 2014

By Caring83207250

The staff at Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem was so kind. It was a secured place; you couldn't just ease in and ease out. You had to be beeped in and they were quick to let us in. Once you are inside, the wall hangings were beautiful. The smell was a very clean and pleasant. About every ten feet that you walked, there was a dispenser for hand sanitizer. This comes to mind because when we were there, the home had been infected with some kind of intestinal bug. I believed that my mother-in-law did contract the bug and that was no fault of the staff because it just was in the air, but about every ten to fifteen feet you went, at least, in every corner you took there was hand sanitizer and, of course, being clean we used it. The lighting inside was not depressing. It was very happy and very colorful. There were residents who were more advanced in their situation and no one seemed to be neglected or just idly sitting there with nothing to do. They were engaged. The staff went out of their way to be very, very helpful and kind to the entire family, but especially to my mother-in-law in the two or three days that she was there. The room was clean; there was no dust and there was no smell. You could look out a sun-bathed window and see the winter time foliage and it was so pretty; it was very bright. The hardwood floors were so pretty. The thing that stood out to me was the friendliness of the staff. No matter how busy they were, they were cordial and professional in their demeanor. I mean from the upper management staff all the way down to the servers in the dining room.

March 31, 2014

The rooms at Brighton Gardens are exceptional. Eleanor is very, very happy in her room. I would say the staff, from her perspective, is good. Some are excellent, but I wouldn't say they all are. The administrative staff is extremely great about communication and getting in touch with us and letting us know how things are going, so I would give them an excellent rating. There were several group activities. I know they have card games, they have a reading club. I don't think it's a Red Hat Club, but it's something similar to that where all the women can get together and they play games and cards and things of that nature. They take them on shopping trips. I know that they also have a chapel and they hold church services every Sunday, which is really important to Eleanor.

March 18, 2014

By Bonnie26

Brighton Gardens was more formal with people; everyone was more polite and it did not have a sense of family. This was the next best facility for me. The staff ratio is seven to one. It was a very nice place, clean and neat, but they have extra charges. They have nice rooms.

February 28, 2013

By Linda36

I like Brighton Gardens. The facility is nice, everyone is very cordial. I didn't have any problem.

October 17, 2012

By visitor3

Everyone at the facility has a friendly attitude. Also, it is always very clean and in order on the inside and out. The food is delicious and their is a wide variety. Also they have a nice dinning area and a special dinner room if any of the residents want to have quest over. The apartments themselves are roomy and the walls are not thin so you are not bothered by other residents. Each floor has its own little diner the residents can use for family events, they are also stocked with food during the day. If you do not feel up to going down to the dining room to eat you can have meals brought to your room. The only real negative I have noticed over my visits are sometimes their is very little assistance when needed. The elevators stayed jammed when residents have a hard times getting in and out on their own. I have seen people caught up for several minutes without help and its almost always a visitor that ends up going over to help. Also, once on a visit the resident I was visiting had an emergency, we pressed the call button for help and it took well over an half an hour for them to get there. If the person interested in the particular place I would not be comfortable with them living there if you would not want them living at home alone.

Photos of Brighton Gardens of Winston-Salem