18 Assisted Living Facilities near Advance, NC
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Advance area, with 1 in Advance and 17 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 79 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Advance. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Advance 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Advance, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Advance, NC
17 Assisted Living Facilities near Advance, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Advance
Advance is a small city located approximately 75 miles northeast of Charlotte. The area has a variety of vineyards for wine tasting and several golf courses for seniors who enjoy an afternoon of the sport. It's home to around 1,000 people, and around 16.5 percent of them are 65 and older.
Regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation, there are 36 assisted living facilities in the area, including one within the city limits. These facilities include adult care homes with seven or more residents and multi-unit assisted housing with living facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Advance
- The Advance area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Bermuda Run.
- Advance has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Davie County Senior Services, an organization that provides support groups for seniors in the area, as well as one senior center.
- The North Carolina Department of Transportation provides the Yadkin Valley Economic Development District, Inc, (YVEDDI) transportation service for individuals who live in Advance and Davie County. The service is available at discount fares for individuals 60 years of age and older for all types of daily outings.
- Seniors living in Advance may find it slightly challenging to stay within a budget due to the elevated cost of living of 103.7. The cost of living within the city is higher than the national average of 100 and higher than the state average of 96.
- Crime in Advance is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). Property crime is 29.9, which is higher than the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is ranked 30, which is also higher than the national average of 31.1. Seniors who live in Advance should feel relatively safe when running errands and exploring the city alone.
- For seniors who appreciate a small amount of snow each year, Advance gets around 5 inches of snow with January lows around 28. Summers are hot and humid with highs around 89.
Paying for Assisted Living in Advance
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Advance start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Advance and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Advance
The North Carolina Medicaid State Plan provides financial assistance for seniors in Advance who need help paying for an assisted living facility. This plan is based on the federal Supplemental Security Income payment (SSI) and any other additional sources of income. While the plan doesn't pay for a private room, family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Advance
Advance and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Advance, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Advance
Advance-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Advance
Review of Bermuda Village
Bermuda Village was very nice, but too expensive. Everybody was so nice. The little apartment was great and it would have been perfect for my in-laws. The staff was tremendously friendly, everythin... Read more
Review of Bermuda Village
We chose Bermuda Village skilled care. They were all very nice, and it's close to our house. The staff is very good and has a higher than avarage ratio of caregivers to the patients. They provide t... Read more
Review of Bermuda Village
I like everything about Bermuda Village. It's great. I have two bathrooms, two walk-in closets, a kitchenette, and the floor is carpeted. I have a sun room and a living room and a dining area. The ... Read more